1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Had to buy tires....

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Turf Commando, Dec 28, 2009.

1. Turf Commando

Turf Commando Senior Member

Had these Cooper discover ATR installed on my 91 F-150 two weeks ago, along with my Yokohama Geolanders on my 92 F-150 this past fall....paid over 1K for both sets....Also want to add those discover tires handle well plowing even on ice...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

how do you like the geolanders? i have the same thing on my truck as well

3. TJ Fed

TJ Fed Member
    from Indiana

I have Geolander ats on my truck. They are the best tires ive ever owned I plowed last night with them only and inch of snow but they do amazing last winter I went thru some very deep snow and ice and the tires do great. That wasnt plowing but just driving around.

4. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

geolanders kick @ss, awesome tires

5. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good, I really like your blue Ford.

6. Turf Commando

The Geolanders are a great tire, as long as I have weight in the bed .....

7. fordboy

fordboy Senior Member

I just bought a set of geolander's in 285's for my 96 f350. cant wait to see how they do plowing look like a nice tire.

8. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

I have the Discoverer ATR's .. They are great..Have plowed in 2wdr many times not realizing it..
    Of course they are new so time will tell...

9. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

I feel when those atr's wear down they are not the greatest. but they still arent as bad as the bfgoodrich rugged trails. the rugged trails will leave you breathless by the time your done plowing.

10. JustinD

JustinD Senior Member

I have the ATR's too, I love them in the snow.

11. fordboy

fordboy Senior Member

i ran the atr's last winter they were fine just could'nt beat 548 dollars for the geolanders

12. RichG53

Breathless ??? Why because you made it through the :laughing::laughing:night

13. RichG53

Breathless ??? Why because you made it through the night :laughing::laughing:
    Sorry double post..

14. Turf Commando

Gotta love the tread design....!

[​IMG]

15. TommyMac

TommyMac Senior Member

They worked great on my 94' F-450 4x2 plow truck......Reasonably priced too....I've also had real good luck with the BF G's AT K/O more money than the Yoko's.....Now I'm running Firestone Destination A/T's on my F-150 2wd & I like them alot & there also reasonably priced,

16. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Once they are wore down they suck. I'm not impressed with them at all on my truck now that they are getting pretty worn. I need 4x4 almost all the time in the snow even with 1200lbs in the bed and my plow out front. Slip and Slide would be a good description.