1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Had Tire Slashed

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Snow Encrusted, Dec 21, 2004.

1. Snow Encrusted

Snow Encrusted Member

Got some new accounts this year,gave prices where I covered all equip. fuel,time,help and 30% profit.I did not low ball,I have top of the line equipement and do quality work.I know some ex plower did my tire, sorry I thought I was still living in America. :realmad:

2. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

You sure it's an ex-plower? Maybe someone who is mad at you could of done it. I know I asked one kid what vehicle he is going to drive when he gets his license, and he said "why, are you going to slash my tire?". So I think, teenagers would do that kind of thing, if they are dumb enough. Glad I'm not that dumb. It's a bad thing to do. I would do it to someone if they are a big jerk though.

3. Snow Encrusted

Snow Encrusted Member

I don't know of anybody mad at me I dont get out much, kids,work,volunteer fireman, keep my mouth shut and don't bother anybody.I guess it could be kids but I don't think so, I never had this problem before. :waving:

4. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

Problem is an ex-plower of a place you plow then. Probably mad that you do the place now.

5. Snow Encrusted

Snow Encrusted Member

Thats what I think.

6. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

I've seen that happen before. One guy gets mad about another guy taking his current/old accounts and slashes tires or puts sand in the pumps. :rolleyes:

7. Snow Encrusted

Snow Encrusted Member

It really sucks paid a ton for the tires some scum bag cuts them up "COME ON MAN" :realmad:

8. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

I dont think slashing tires is ever exceptable, i dont care if you did take someones account. Tires are expensive and so are pumps so if someone takes you accounts just work that much harder to get that account back the next year.

9. LINY Rob

LINY Rob Senior Member

maybe it was completely random

sometimes kids have nothing better to do

10. Snow Encrusted

Snow Encrusted Member

Rod I know it could be random. I know but,
    right now , I'm all pissed off, I'm not blaming anybody.I think my basic set up is OK,(cost vs profit)

11. Snow Encrusted

Snow Encrusted Member

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb get it

12. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

Were there any other reported slashings in the area that night. One year in our parking lot several vehicles were done, all trucks with one geo, in order to cover up who was doing it. It was a disgruntled boyfriend of the geo's owner. Sounds possible about the plowing contract though, and I don't look at it as you took the job from him. The business owners gave the contract to you instead of him.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2004
  13. LINY Rob

LINY Rob Senior Member

I remember getting 2 tires slashed on my car abotu 10 years ago.

it wasnt so much as the tires as it was wondering who had something against me and wasnt man enough to tell me to my face

14. Snow Encrusted

Snow Encrusted Member

Brother, I could not say it better.

I mean that

15. Mowey9

Mowey9 Member
    from Iowa

Hell you think thats bad, all you have to do is buy new tires. I lost 5 lug nuts on one tire (which was all of them) and almost lost 3 on a different tire saturday. I think they were out to do more then a little bit of damage. What do you think could have happened to them??
    Aaron

16. Snow Encrusted

Snow Encrusted Member

Somebody has your ## set up a camera like I did

17. CGLC

CGLC Senior Member

I had a similar incident except a rival lco kid got drunk and kicked out my head light. The neighbor watched the whole thing.