1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Had The Meeting

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by bike5200, Dec 18, 2009.

1. bike5200

bike5200 Senior Member
    from Ky

Finally met with the guy I plow snow for, he gave me a list with 33 properties on it and ask which ones to you want to do. I said these two, the ones I did last year. He told me depending on the snow amount the ones I do will change. I know in a snow 6 inch plus I will do this warehouse complex that will take 6 to 10 hours to do and lots of bag salt. If there is a big snow, covering all these properties is going to be PITA, much less all the other calls he will get.

One more thing you guys will love, the guy I work for does not have one contracts on these properties, gave the owners a hourly price and salt by the pound.

2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

and your point is?
    I don't follow what your either complaining about or even trying to say?????

3. Fatality

Fatality Senior Member

im lost.....

4. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

i thought it was just me but now i dont feel soo badd

5. redman6565

redman6565 PlowSite.com Addict

so hourly and by the pound is good? is it not?

6. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

SOOO, let me get what you are saying,

You got the contracts you wanted (and you may get more added to your list)
    HE is going to have you run long hours, but you are getting paid on the hour
    You are going to spread lots of salt (which we all know gets jacked up in price) lol

and you may or not be happy about this arrangement???:dizzy:

:)well if you ARE happy, good on you, i hope you are getting a good hourly rate and charging lots for salt
    and if you aren't happy, Why did you sign up with him to sub???:(

personally i think, if you are employeed and the guy pays well, i would rather plow for longer periods of time and rake in the doughpayup

7. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing....

Work is work, I'm pretty sure.

8. redman6565

redman6565 PlowSite.com Addict

dead guys in your pocket is a good thing the last time i checked

:rolleyes: