1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Had my contract renewed and then some.

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by vanwhyjr, Mar 17, 2006.

1. vanwhyjr

vanwhyjr Senior Member

I do the snow plowing and salting for the development that i live in. Its 90 or so houses. I only do the roads (about 5 miles or so) and am slowly picking up driveways (5 now).
    We had our annual budget meeting last week and i told them that i was raising my rate $2000.00 and that i would like to go to a two year contract (previously they would only do yearly).
    The first thing that happened was one guy stands up and says " I just want to say you have been doing an awesome job!!" then the hole room starts applauding for me :dizzy: I was a little freaked out about applause for plowing! But that's kinda cool.
    So then the guy says we should renew for three years instead. So i said sure i'll go for that. That way i know i have a contract to fully pay off the truck and stuff.
    So everyone approved and they signed it.

2. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

Good for you that is cool.....

3. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

That's great! I just heard a similar story the other day about lawn service. It's not all bad everywhere I guess. You can't buy that kind of respect or recognition, you can only earn it, and it appears you have. Congrats!:salute:

Last edited: Mar 17, 2006
  4. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

I guess the good guys do win sometimes....

5. firelwn82

firelwn82 PlowSite.com Addict

nice job. What are you plowing that with. is it a condo plex or sub?

6. vanwhyjr

vanwhyjr Senior Member

I use an 04 F350 SC 4X4 w/5.4, it has a 8 /2 foot Western Pro Plus and I have a SnowEx 8000 spreader in the bed.
    If you click on my website link I have a pic of the truck there.

No its not a condo or sub. Its a Housing developement. There are about 90 lots each are between 2-4 acres. My house is on 2 acres. All the roads in the developement are too narrow for the township to plow so we have to get it done privatly! When the guy that we had doing it before quite I put in a bid and won the contract and I have been doing ever since.

I built a 10X10X5 foot salt bin and I use my father's 76 Kubota L175 with a loader on it to fill the spreader.

Thanks for all the good words from all you guys!!!