1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Had First snow what a JOKE

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by psdiesel24, Dec 5, 2003.

1. psdiesel24

psdiesel24 Member

Had our first snow last night. The weather men were saying anywhere from an inch or less, to three to six. We didn't even get an inch and by noon the snow was all gone. Got some salting in thought. Just keep doing my snow dance, hopfully it will work one of these days. :gunsfiring:

2. Scott Fortin

Scott Fortin Junior Member

Diesel,

What part of IL you from? I'm from Kankakee area, and I actually got to go have some morning fun! You're right, it was all over by noon though...:( What a slow start...

3. chevy guy37

chevy guy37 Member

Im in mchenry county. They were predicting 2-4 for my area. What did we get? rain/snow mix. They said if the temp was 2 degrees colder, it would of been all snow. I know how your feeling boys, Im sick and tired of getting no snow. :mad:
    Later,

4. tim975

tim975 Senior Member

a joke is right!

Here in Chesterton, Indiana we got maybe 2 inches of slush. By mid afternoon it started melting off. I even took an unpaid vacation day for this "event"! :realmad: But unfortunately it's all a part of this business; we can't really count on the weatherman being right all the time, until we see what it's doing outside with our own eyes.

5. J.Henderson

J.Henderson Senior Member

Here in the Quad Cities(Iowa/Illinois Border) we barely got 1 1/2". I guess we all can't be lucky like the east coast.

6. ilhmt

ilhmt Member

Down here in Central Illinois we got a little more than a dusting. This really bites!!

7. hotsprings77

hotsprings77 Member

If it makes you guys feel any better, we have already plowed twice this season. Nov 22, and nov 26 4 inch contracts. good luck the snow will come to you guys soon enough.

8. chevy guy37

chevy guy37 Member

I say we go on strike! :D

9. ghostrunner

ghostrunner Member
    from PA

joke

We were supposed to get a foot and only got 5 inches here in Central Pa.....Plowed for 12 hours instead of 24. bummer