1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Had attaching issue with new HT on a F150

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Spikeo, Dec 23, 2009.

1. Spikeo

Spikeo Junior Member

This is my 1st MM2 plow. Just got rid of the Old Speedcast.
    I was having a heck of a time attaching my new HT to my 2001 ford F150. Yesterday it took myself and a friend 20 minutes to attached the plow. Today I went out to see if I could attach it myself. After fiddling for 1/2 hr no luck. I was doing everything that the instructions said.
    The thing I was doing wrong was I was shutting the truck off and trying to attach it. When I left it running with the plow down in float mode, Bingo I was able to move the headgear and it snapped right in. Live and learn.
    As far as plowing with the HT it did great. Can't wait for the next snow :D
  2. JustinD

JustinD Senior Member

Once you get the hang of it, it will be really easy everytime. I love my MM2.
  3. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

Thats how I do it. I will do a full review of this plow later in the season.
  4. Theo Epstein

Theo Epstein Member

The attach/detach sequence on the headgear label and in the Owner's Manual both contain an error. You can go to the Fisher website and download and updated version which does now show to do these two steps in the opposite sequence than orginally written.
  5. bigbadbrad

bigbadbrad Senior Member

just leave it on all winter, and buy a car to ride around in when its nice, thats what i did,

but really make sure you are on level ground also that is the biggest issue with fisher mm system
  6. timboy

timboy Member
    from Ny

Fisher has an updated sticker for the back of the blade and instructions that say to leave it in float your dealer should provide you with both free of charge.
  7. jjcap02703

jjcap02703 Junior Member

Fisher HT

I had the same problem when I first tried putting the plow on and off. It was compounded by the jack pin slipping out. Fisher has modified the pin and I just had it replace under warrantee. They also adjust the "float" downward pressure, again under warrantee. I am still having a problem at times with the connector pins. Sometimes they either do not engage all the way or on occasion have partially slid out. I do not think the spring tensions is heavy enough to properly engage them or hold them in.
  8. nbannan

nbannan Member

Tough fitting till you find reason

Flat ground is definitely important! The updates for Jack & Pressure help & oh yes...float mode must be on. I also find that when disconnecting I lift the frame near the truck to disengage & push the jack down a 1/4 to 1/2 inch. It really helps at reconnect time as the truck front end moves higher once unloaded by plow for a while. I put a backup camera on the front so I can drive in to the plow for easy hookup. I painted a yellow center line on the frame...works like a champ!:D