1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Had a very nice compliment today....

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Mick76, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

New customer to us this year (6 ac truck stop) stated and I quote "In my 12 years of managing this company, your company is by far the most professional I've had the pleasure to work with."

Kicker is I actually had a couple of truckers comment on how well the lot has been done and got a Kudos from a long term customer of theirs that just had to flag me down and tell us how much he appreciated our work.

Hopefully, they'll still feel the same when I hit them up for the 3 year deal in April. Oddly enough their the ones that stated the 3 year deal if they like my work when i initially signed this years contract.

2. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

its always nice to be appreciated ain't it? I think its the only reason I still put up with all the BS customers... every once in a while you get someone who will gladly pay your bill and thank you and tell you to come more often.

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Don't wait ,go now with the contract! ;)

4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Hey, a useful post from Grandview!

He is absolutely right. I would be in there now with the three year deal. 5% increase each year.

5. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

Good work. One of the things I enjoy doing each year is letting go of any and all annoying customers after having replaced them with grateful ones.

6. Turnerlandscape

Turnerlandscape Junior Member

Yes that is the way to go. leave all of the jerk customers to the jerk low ballers.. But it is nice to get compliments. I have a couple of customers that go out of there way to compliment me every storm.

7. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

1 of 5772?!?!?! :D

8. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Hey, we all gotta start somewhere...

9. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Always nice to hear something good from a customer

10. grandview

I try to help you guys out and all you do is complain!

11. big acres

big acres Senior Member

Niiice on the compliment Mick76, and damn straight JDiepstra.

It just occured to me that we get compliments from facilties managers of professional and well recognized businesses, and the few complaints come from peon level managers. Is it the service or the management that should be in question????

12. DAFFMOBILEWASH

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Get the new 3 year deal signed ASAP .............

13. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer Senior Member

It always makes it worth it, when people call, email, or talk to you in person and appreciate the work.

14. grandview

Mick,don't forget this when you go there the next time.

[​IMG]

15. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Go now do not wait. People have short memories.
    In fact throw them a bone by keeping your pricing the same for next season before you start the increases.

16. hlntoiz

hlntoiz Senior Member
    from NW, CT

Exactly. Why raise thier prices if they are going to commit over the next few years that should be a benefit to them. I would put in clauses/surcharges for if fuel and salt prices. go up. That is a cost beyond your control.

17. snowbunny123

snowbunny123 Junior Member
    from ohio

I agree. Go for the 3 year contract now but keep the pricing the same for the 3 year term. I think Hlntoiz suggestion above is a fair deal.