1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Had a little fender bender today!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Oxmow, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Oxmow

Oxmow Senior Member

This guy pulled through traffic out of a grocery store and across my lane of traffic. I went into the center turn lane and he still kept coming...couldnt miss him! Turned me 90 degrees...turned him 270 degrees!

001 (640x480).jpg

005 (640x480).jpg

003 (640x480).jpg

004 (640x480).jpg

2. L.I.Mike

L.I.Mike Senior Member

Got to love stupid people, hope you are ok.

3. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

that sucks! hope it all works out for u

4. chevyman51

chevyman51 Senior Member

That sucks man. I had the same thing happen to me. My damage was not that bad hope you are ok and you get everything taken care of.

5. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

Damn ******* infinity driver!! Looks like they may be Gettin you a new truck. Possibly fixable with an axle and other stuff maybe.....but his insurance should pay up. Hopefully he or she has it!
    Hope your okay.

6. Oxmow

Oxmow Senior Member

Just me in mine and him in his...nobody hurt. Will take about 4 hours to get it roadworthy, but will have to take it to the body shop for the door and fender. Looks like it sheared the axle locating pin and shoved it back along the spring about a foot. Disconnected the slip yoke. Gotta let the insurance look at it first. Just bought an 08 powerstroke but its in the shop getting thermostats put in...good thing too or i would have been in it!

7. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

Sorry for that bad driver that hit you, hope your doing ok. Do you have a backup truck?

8. Oxmow

Oxmow Senior Member

Yes, OBS 94 F-250 4x4 cab and chassis...put the flatbed on this truck!

9. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

That sucks ! hope all works out for, happy to hear your not hurt.

10. ygim

ygim Member

glad you are ok, sucks that people dont pay attention.

11. xgiovannix12

xgiovannix12 PlowSite.com Addict

Glad your alright man. Truck did not get damaged that badly.. Looks like she hit ya between the cab and the flatbed.

12. Oxmow

Oxmow Senior Member

Started at the front tire and went all the way to the rear axle. There is part of his bumper in between the tire and rim.

13. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Wow,

Two smash up threads going on at the same moment..... Is this a Plowsite first ?

BTW,

Sorry to see what happened to your truck, but at least you walked away and weren't spending the next several weeks in a hospital..... or buried 6 ft down..

14. Fourbycb

Fourbycb Senior Member

No snow forcasted in your neck of the wooks for a while, So you shouldnt be out too much lost revenue . Hope your Ok

15. nms0219

nms0219 Senior Member

Oh hell that will buff out... Glad no injuries.

16. Oxmow

Oxmow Senior Member

I hope so...talked with their insurance today...they said an adjuster will contact me by Monday?!?

17. nms0219

nms0219 Senior Member

oh the famous we will call by monday line..... never tell ya what month yet alone year. Let the madness start:realmad:

18. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Oops. Glad your ok, hopefully insurance fixes you up good.

19. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

I got hit right before Christmas by a gal with no divers license or insurance. Totaled the car she was driving and did about 6000 worth of damage to my truck. I sure hope the guy that hit you had insurance cause it sucks when it has to go on yours. I now have a claim on my insurance for something that I had nothing to do with...it was basically stated that I was in the wrong place at the wrong time. My insurance company was good about fixing everything and buying me a new weatherguard toolbox as well which they will have to go after her now to try to get the money. I know what your feeling though..glad to hear your ok.

20. Oxmow

Oxmow Senior Member

They valued my truck with the plow and flatbed and am getting a check in the morning that is just shy of the amount that would have totaled it. I will fix the mechanicals and put it in the bodyshop for the cosmetic. Then Im taking the family skiing!