1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

H4 conversion OR nighthawk upgrade?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by xgiovannix12, Nov 9, 2013.

1. xgiovannix12

xgiovannix12 PlowSite.com Addict

Title says it all. I was debating on putting h4 conversions into my regular plow lights with larger wattage bulbs to get rid of the sealed beams or Upgrade my lights to nighthawks.

My worries for the h4 conversions is the vibration and the bulbs prob dont go very well. Im not worried about the wiring since I have relays for high and low beams.

Im open to opinions. Cheers :drinkup:

2. snowish10

snowish10 PlowSite.com Addict

i did a hid conversion in my h4 lights worked good! just had to have a power cable from my battery.

3. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

I'd go nighthawks/Intensifiers my blizzard had the sealed beams crummy light output. I converted to clear style sealed beam that takes a H4 bulb. They were better but the nighthawks are way better. A friend wants me to test out LED bulbs in them. I was going to do a HID conversion.

4. xgiovannix12

Im leaning more to the nighthawks because I like the double stud feature and the removable cover to change the bulb.

With the older plow light I would need take the whole dam thing apart to either change a bulb and check the connection. Cheapest nighthawks I found were 275 bucks... hmm

5. snowish10

snowish10 PlowSite.com Addict

6. xgiovannix12

7. Blizzard1980

Blizzard1980 Senior Member

8. Super Mech

Super Mech Member

9. Blizzard1980

Blizzard1980 Senior Member

Wasn't too bad. Plug-in of course is out of question. I took volt meter and checked/ marked all wires whats what. I then cut old plug-in connectors and made all my splices with solder and shrink tube. I kept part of new harness what came with it with new quick connects.
    You can't go wrong with these lights for that price if you looking for upgrade. IMHO. And if you are still unhappy ( for unseen reason) its still possible to up fit with HID-s from there.