1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

H2 Hummer with fisher X-blade

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by NorthwestPlower1, Jan 25, 2004.

1. NorthwestPlower1

NorthwestPlower1 Member

Stopped at my parts supplier a few days ago and they had 2 H2 Hummers with fisher X-blades freshly installed on them. Was way cool! Mounts were custom made i was told and very pricy$$$. I wish i had a camera.

2. jo2fst4u

jo2fst4u Member

I would like to see that, I plan on getting an h2 this spring.............

3. 440trk

440trk Senior Member

The H2 is just a glorified Chevy Avalanche. I don't see why custom mounts would be required. I would think they should be readily available? Regardless, the H2 does not impress me.

Now the H1...That Hummer is based on the military HMMV. I would not complain one bit if I had one in my driveway. (besides the fact they use GM engines...) :D

(C'mon...I'm a Dodge guy...I want a HMMV with a Cummins!)

4. GpGuy84

GpGuy84 Member

Up near where I live a guy has a black H1 with what looks ot me like a 9 foot fisher plow on it! I did a doubble take the first time I saw it :eek: its definately a serious piece of snow removal equipment.

5. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I want to put a POWERSTROKE in a H1, a nice V-plow should do the job.

6. NNJSnow

NNJSnow Senior Member

Theres a guy in the area with a western plow on his H2, been watching for it, wanna take a picture. Guy up the street from has a H2, they are neat, but are you acctually going to go off roading in a $60,000 truck....uh nope. I've noticed a few X-Blades popping up on some trucks in the area.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2004
  7. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

h2 was built on on 3/4 ton frame i would buy a unimog.

8. jhook

jhook Senior Member

H2 does not really impress me either. Now an H1 with a 10' v-plow - that I could go for :cool: :nod:

9. ptllandscapeIL

ptllandscapeIL Senior Member

I seen one a few weeks ago it WAS AN H2 WITH A BLACK PLOW? ANY GUESSES ON WHAT KINDA PLOW THAT IS

10. RidgeCon

RidgeCon Senior Member

Maybe I am not thinking straight, but if I can ever afford a Hummer I am not going to put a plow on it, I just have to look out the window at my fleet of dinged up plow trucks and wonder what a Hummer would look like in the middle of them all dinged up as well.....:(

11. Landscape80

Landscape80 Senior Member

:)

I want me one of those new H2T's looks like it should be out crushing cars...it's freakin huge! But then again..I don't have 100k to spend on a toy :(

Chris

12. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

Thats kind of what I was thinking. A plain jane H1 starts at $80k last I checked. I could buy probably 3 new 3/4 ton plow trucks for that price, no way will i put a plow on something like that. It would be PIMP but not practical. Ever see the movie "Out Cold"? See the blade on the Dodge Challenger hot rod? ROFL Kinda how I see a plow on a H1.

13. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Personally, I don't see why anybody would be stupid enought to put a plow on any kind of hummer.:rolleyes: Not interested in the avalanche eaither. Just my opinions.:waving:

14. acornish

acornish Senior Member

yea an H2 is on a 3/4 frame but the suspension 1/2 ton same as in the full size tahoe -- that aught to hold up real well if yer not carefull---LOL

15. ptllandscapeIL

ptllandscapeIL Senior Member

yeah u spend that kind of money,why ruin the truck,my dad has an avalanche and i love to telling him leave Ur truck home from work on Friday i have an appoint hes like for what I'm like I'm getting plow on it and hes like hell no lol its pretty funny.he has had it for 3 years and why spend the money on a new truck when he has that,id alway prefer a 3/4 ton!

16. SWC

SWC Senior Member
    from VA

The H-1 is 10 times the machine the H-2 is.

They'll go anywhere, and I mean anywhere, except where it's narrow.:nono:

Exspensive to operate though, parts are outragous, and they don't get the best fuel miliage.

Not that you're likely to break anything on one, except maybe engine belts. You could bust a quarter panel, if you find anything that's tall enough to hit.

17. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Re: :)

There advertising them on tv for $ 587.00 a month right now, heck I'm paying over $ 600.00 for my truck, but would'nt give it up for an H2 any day. F250 all the way baby !!!:D

18. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Re: Re: :)

Now I don't feel so bad about having a $600.00 per month payment.:D I'm getting rid of my F250 at the end of snow season.:waving:

19. Hubjeep

Hubjeep Senior Member

I saw a yellow H2 with a Western last snow storm. Pretty cool!

-John :cool:

20. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I was watching the news this morning after we finished plowing for the night. They showed plow trucks in Chicago exiting a just plowed parking lot.The last truck out was a H1 with what looked like a Myers on it. guess there's more then one H1 with a plow in this country.