1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

H&S Tuner Trouble

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Wilnip, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

I bought an H&S Mini Maxx tuner for my 2011 6.7L. When I plug it into the OBD port, it's constantly stuck on " initializing communication". It will not go past that screen. It also briefly says it's for a Dodge Cummins. Anyone know how I can get to the main menu to select the correct truck?

2. wilsonsground

wilsonsground Senior Member

I have one in my 2011 6.7 as well. You need to call h&s tech support about the issue

3. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

did you buy new or used?

either way, contact H&S as said above.

4. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

Bought it new. I tried to contact tech support but this is what their website says..

I bought it from Amazon so I'll probablyj ist return it.

Screenshot_2016-01-08-08-53-19.jpg

5. wilsonsground

Have you got your unlock code for me h&s yet? The tuner doesn't work unless you have your unlock for the vehicle

6. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

It's fully unlocked. I couldn't put a code in it if I wanted to because it just freezes on the initializing communication screen.

7. wilsonsground

I would start with making sure it is up to date, if that doesn't fix the issue I would contact where you bought it

8. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

Good idea. I'll connect it to my pc first, if nothingc changes, I'll send it back.

9. triplestrokes

triplestrokes Junior Member

Did you call Rudys Diesel they will help you figure it out. I know when mine did the same thing, i flipped the switch on the ob2 cable and no problen since.

10. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

I sent my defective tuner back to Amazon and ordered one from Rudys Diesel for $200 less .And this one actually works! I ordered the dpf delete from them also. Now I have a different truck, man does it run!