1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

H/O alternator finally over... THANKS B&B!!!!!

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by FLASHMAN, Jan 10, 2009.

1. FLASHMAN

FLASHMAN Member

H/O alternator saga finally over... THANKS B&B!!!!!

Ok, so today I pulled out the 190 amp alt with the intention of trying one size smaller pulley, (47mm), thus making the ratio 4.2:1.

When I got to the shop with my alternator, the guy had a new one prepared with the smaller pulley, ready to go. He said he'd just give me a new alt with it, just in case the stator pack he used to rebuild it was bad.

I get it home, throw it on the truck, fire it up, let it warm up till it drops to low idle, and BOOM, problem solved. Now it's dropping 14 volts and making 125 amps at a 700 RPM idle.

Perfect timing too. Went to the town barn to get some sand, got home, put the truck to bed, and shortly after I sat down for dinner, it started to snow. Ready for the morning...

Thanks to all who replied, and especially BB for all your help and advice!!!

Last edited: Jan 10, 2009
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Good to hear you finally have it where you wanted Flash.

And your welcome. :waving: