1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

h/m wideout snow deflector

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by 1olddogtwo, Dec 15, 2008.

1. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

seems to work well

snow 08 008.jpg

snow 08 009.jpg

snow 08 010.jpg

snow 08 011.jpg
  2. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Looks good
  3. kemmer

kemmer Senior Member
    from NJ

what if on the wing you left a 1-1.5' piece of rubber that wasnt attached so it would cover the opening when they are extended?
  4. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

What if you didn't worry about covering the wings. When the leading one is pitched forward it tucks under the deflector and the trailing one lets the snow throw up and over the windrow.

Just a thought as We've tried it all ways.

5. Fourbycb

Fourbycb Senior Member

When I purchased my wideout the dealer gave me and installed the western snow deflector on mine the brackets mounted to the top mold board and the rubber flap works great the only problem i wish could be corrected is when the wings are extended to 10 ft that extra foot on each side is not that big a deal being being outside the windshield range and when in the 9 ft scoop the flap covers the wing area pretty good. I am gonna try to fab some brackets and rubber flap for the wings this summer seperate from the main plow will post pics of what I have now if no one has seen the western stock deflector Wed I hope
  6. Fire_n_Ice

Fire_n_Ice Senior Member

I really would be curious to see the pics of what you have. I am in the process of fabbing something up with conveyor belt...it would help to see what Western has done.
  7. billet-boy

billet-boy Member

I'm also interested in pics when you get the extra flaps made want to do something on my blizzard.
  8. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

That looks great but I wouldn't worry about a flap on the wings
  9. Fourbycb

Fourbycb Senior Member

Deflectors for westher wideouts

This is the western deflector for the wideout plow

deflector 1.jpg

deflector 2.jpg

deflector 3.jpg

deflector 4.jpg
  10. Fourbycb

Fourbycb Senior Member

western deflector

more pictures

deflector 5.jpg

deflector 6.jpg
  11. Fourbycb

Fourbycb Senior Member

If you get the western deflector you will be drilling holes 6 in the mold board 1 in each outter main rib the rubber belt and support bracket holes are predrilled
  12. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Look the same as the one I have on my Blizzard. Works great.
  13. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Me too. I haven't seen a need for anything on the wings.
  14. Hysert

Hysert PlowSite.com Addict

15. Fourbycb

Fourbycb Senior Member

Lighted plow markers from Kwikwire I love them and I have gone this whole season and they still work great.I am only a 1 man operation and I dont have employees out there abusing equipment other wise I would of put regular marker guides on for them
  16. rbjohnston

rbjohnston Junior Member

Saw a couple of your posts about making a deflector. Do you have some pictures posted? I recently replaced my '97 F350 w/ Meyer Straight Blade with a '07 F350 w/ Blizzard 810. Used it once and got an awful lot of snow up over the hood. Was debating whether to make a deflector or buy Blizzard's. Thanks for any info.

Ritchie Johnston
  17. tastrike

tastrike Inactive

We sell these, and they can be found at the below link. We've got a video on the page showing how they light up at night and how they flex in the cold Wisconsin weather.

I suggest looking at the standard (Non-LED) because the warm up when they're on making them flex better.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions about them. I've been running them through Wisconsin winters now for over 2 years.