1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

GWS Report 2003-2004

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by IDEALGREEN, Oct 17, 2003.

1. IDEALGREEN

IDEALGREEN Member
    from USA

Thought everyone would like to see what the forecasters are saying about this winter. Found the web site at:
    HTTP://www.globalweatherservices.com/summeroutlook/GWSwinfcst_mw-ne.htm

GWS

2003-2004 Winter Outlook (Dec-Feb)

Abstract

The winter months of 2003-2004 across the central, Midwestern and Northeastern U.S. are forecast to be dominated by a pattern of below to near normal temperatures and near to above normal precipitation, or snowfall. The current forecast takes into account the expectations for near-normal sea surface temperature patterns, or neutral El-Nino/Southern Oscillation (ENSO), an Artic Oscillation (AO) pattern dominated by a negative cycle, and a neutral effect from the Pacific Decadal Oscillation (PDO) throughout the winter season.

The increased probabilities of below to near normal temperatures across the northern half of the U.S., east of the Rockies, will create a greater demand for natural gas and heating oils, as above normal heating demand occurs throughout the winter season. The potential for near to slightly above normal precipitation, or snowfall, will also impact municipalities throughout these locations, as demand for salt and other anti-ice road treatments is likely to increase.

2. BWhite

BWhite Senior Member

Yes

It is going to snow

3. sno-mover

sno-mover Senior Member

4. Adams plowing

Adams plowing Senior Member

Let It Snow Let It Snow!! payup

seth

5. Jay ALC

Jay ALC Senior Member

I love the sound of that!:)

6. snowjoker

snowjoker Senior Member

Looks good for me again thisyear!!payup payup :drinkup: :drinkup:

7. Bossfan

Bossfan Member
    from Kansas

I am getting ready to drop my sander in within a few days. Kansas usually doesn't get good winters, but this year is shaping up to be a good one!!! LET IT SNOW!!!!payup payup payup :D