1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

GVWR of a 1500

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by SnowMatt13, Apr 19, 2009.

1. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

Silly question, but I have always owned 3/4 tons and up.....
    I just got a 1989 K1500, what is the GVWR?

2. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

The one in my sig is 6200. My friend has a 98 that spec's out the same as mine,but a regular cab long bed,his is 6100.

3. SnowMatt13

Thanks Mark..that's about what I thought.
    I did forget to add it was a reg. cab, long bed.
    Maybe you'll see this little "project" I got driving around the fair if I get it done in time......

4. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I'm not around genoa city much, I go past the road off il-47/wi 120? that goes to genoa city all the time in the winter on the way to the ski hill in LG. I've probably seen your stuff around and just not known it.

Which fair are you talking? McHenry Co, Walworth Co, or Kenosha Co? I'll probably be at all of them along with Boone Co.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
  5. SnowMatt13

Sorry, should have said...McHenry County. My wife and I go to all the local fairs but are involved with McHenry Co. Fair as superintendants.

6. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Ok, sounds like I'll see ya around.

I'll have my truck there and usually get involved with helping some friends do last minute work on their demo combine.

7. SnowMatt13

Who's combine do you work on?
    Our friend did it (and won) the 1st 3 years when it came to the fair, but hasn't since...

8. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I was helping with a combine from huntley. Brought up from the Ziller farm.

[​IMG]

Also knew Peter's combine the batman movie themed one. And Murry's sled shed one that lasted the last 7 or 8 years.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2009
  9. SnowMatt13

My wife and her family know the Zillers.....somehow.
    My wife's dad has got a small hobby farm, but he raised cattle for Northern Pump Farms years ago so he knows a lot of farming families from the area.....