1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Guys who don't plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by herb1001, Jan 13, 2012.

1. herb1001

herb1001 Senior Member

Does it bother you guys when you see a truck driving down the road that is perfect for plowing and the guy doesnt have a plow mount on it?

This always makes me jealous and then mad.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2012
  2. Canplow

Canplow Senior Member

No keep him out of the biz! more work for me and hey maybe I can buy his plow for cheap!

3. JTVLandscaping

JTVLandscaping Senior Member

I laugh at the ones who didn't have a plow last year and got a brand new one this year because it snowed so much last year.

4. PowersTree

PowersTree Senior Member

Yep......cause I'm buying his brand new plow in the spring ;)

5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

You mean the 70 yr old guy with the 2500hd diesel truck who uses it to pull his camper twice a year? Then trades it in every 3 years.

6. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

It only bothers me cause I envy them....................

7. JLsDmax

JLsDmax Senior Member

i bought a truck like that, an 03 bought it in 05, minor rip in the seat from the guys "janitor keys" and a brand new plow hanging off the front. I'll take it.Plus a newspaper misprint that i held the dealer to, got it for $8500 less than value. Thumbs Up

8. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Are you serious? How old are you?

9. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

Nope. Less competition that way. What bothers me is that around here every 1/2ton or bigger truck HAS a plow on it.

10. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

it bothers me more to see lots of plow trucks around

11. procut

procut Senior Member

Kind of what I thought; might be some 16 year old all gun hoe about plowing.

Can't say that I haven't ever seen a truck somewhere and thought to myself that would make a nice plow truck, but never gave it much thought.

Like others have said, it bothers me more to see all these trucks that have plows on them. You see so many trucks running around here with plows on them that you ever saw even just 4 or 5 years ago. Everytime you see one its just like *sigh* what accounts are you gonna try taking from me.

12. JTVLandscaping

JTVLandscaping Senior Member

I'm not too worried about them taking work from me because everytime I went out this year, those trucks are parked in their driveways while I'm out working...

13. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

Don't laugh, it hurts. I plowed as a company driver for the same landscaper for 12 years. Our businees had some cash this year so we put a plow on our 1/2 ton and I bought a F250 and hung a plow on it. Figured why not, plenty of snow, plenty of work with my own customers and both trucks sub'ing for the same landscaper I worked for. We've been out 3 times so far. Just glad I paid cash for everything and I'm not making payments.
    And yes, before someone starts, I have insurance, pay taxes, etc.

14. Red_Rattler

Red_Rattler Senior Member

Ok...? So whats your plow rig then?

15. V_Scapes

V_Scapes Senior Member

Whats even worse is i finally saw that meyers commercial for the homeowner snow plow. theyve got the plow on front of a honda suv. unbelieveable.

16. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

nope don't bother me in the least. what bothers me is every dipstick and their brother here has a plow on their truck, and go out plowing without insurance or knowledge of how to use the plow.
    they think the place to put the snow they push is out in the road for the municipal trucks to take away.
    and as quick as the police take one away for doing that, there are 5 to jump in his place.

17. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

What's wrong with that?

18. andcon83

andcon83 Senior Member

I think the OP was trying to say that it seems wierd for someone to buy a $45K truck to just go get groceries? I have to agree, I can't wait to be the one that gets to buy it cheap when they want to sell it. I don't see any reason to be jelous. If they have that kind of money to spend on something they don't use, I wish I could be the one to plow their driveway!!

19. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

No, more work for me!

20. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

Grandview you leave my uncle out of this,LOL.

He's exactly what you described (same age), but his last truck didn't make it the full 3 years. He had just hooked on his 5th wheel travel trailer last May and started driving up his long driveway then decided to stop at the top of the hill to get his mail, well he put the truck in park (so he thought) and stepped out of the cab and the truck and trailer rolled back half way down the hill then jacked knifed, she was a total loss. It was a horrendous crash.

Then my aunt say's to him,"What did you do something that stupid for".:laughing: