1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Guys What Do Ya' Do?????

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by DOGHOUSE, Dec 6, 2005.

1. DOGHOUSE

DOGHOUSE Member
    from Alaska

HEY GUYS,
    i HAD A REAL DIFFICULT PLOW TODQAY. TRYIN' TO SHOOT AROUND JUNK CARS, BERMS AND DITCHES THAT WAS MOSTLY UPHILL SINCE NO TURN RADIUS AT THE TOP( AND /OR TOOO MUCH DEBRIS). qUOTED THE DUDE A "C" NOTE AND HE SAID OK.BOOM I GIT R' DUN' AND THEN HE SAYS HE AINT' GONNA PAY THAT. HERE'S $40! i WAS AS NICE AS I COULD BE AND REMINDED HIM OF THE AGREEMENT. BUT STILL, HERE'S $40.00... SO I GOT BACK NTO MY TRUCK AND STARTED HER UP AND GOT A HOLD OF THE LARGEST PIECE OF THE PILE AND STARTED TO HIS FRONT DOOR! HE COME OUT SCREAMIN' " WHAT'ER YA DOIN' WHAT'ER YA'DOIN'!@ I JUST TOLD HIM I'M PUTTIN' IT BACK!!??? SO WHAT DO YOU GUYS DO?????????:salute:

2. icebladez

icebladez Member
    from sask

Thumbs waay upi to you and Kudos too!!payup

People need a kick like that in thee anus for stunts as such!!

3. little pat

little pat Member

Put it all back is a great idea. From now on if it's not an established customer, make them pay upfront.

4. Ken1zk

Ken1zk Senior Member

I if don't have a contract with somebody, it's cash up front payup before I drop the blade.

5. plowman777

plowman777 Senior Member

i was fooled once, and didnt get paid cuz he wanted me to clean a whole lot which i was mislead into thinking was just a driveway..i tryed to get $ for what i did but he wouldnt give me anything so i left. (with his wife screaming on the porch, what is going on?!?!)

but you did the right thing, scumbags deserve nothing!!!!!

6. MIAWPUKEK

MIAWPUKEK Senior Member

Right on cocky! I either get my money or the snow goes back in their driveway!!! :drinkup:

One time, I did my Uncle's driveway (looooong story). I waited several months, but never got paid, so I made several passes piling the snow back in the entrance of the driveway after someone else plowed it for them, saw them later that day with their car stuck halfway thru the bank. They ended up having to dig it out themselves.:nono:

Another time, my cousin asked me to plow his driveway, said he'll pay me later, never did. Next time he wanted it done, he got his mom to call me to plow his driveway, but I ended up getting the money for the last plow I did and this plow, from his mom!:rolleyes:

When it comes to getting paid for your services, it doesn't matter if it's family or not!!!payup

7. L.I.Mike

L.I.Mike Senior Member

I plowed a guys driveway in an expensive neighborhood and told him it would cost $100., He said no problem, I finished and he gave me a twenty. I gave it back and took the snow from the street and put it in front of his driveway. Made a nice big pile.
    His wife tried to climb the pile in her BMW SUV and got stuck. I was next door at my customers house and we watched the fun. They called a tow truck who charged them 200 for the hook up. The tow driver saw me and figured out for himself what happened, gave me my 100 and we had a good laugh.
    Now? Its money up front before the blade hits the ground.:gunsfiring:

8. Gusco

Gusco Senior Member

I would have done just taht. Put it back. What a moron did he just want plowed once this year? i mean after pulling **** like that he couldnt possibly think you were going to do it again for him.

9. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Thats the way to reposes that drive, :drinkup: the agreement was for $100 then $100 it is.:nod: Way to show that cheep skate that tried to steel your services what plowers can do if you don't pay them LOL:waving:

It might not have the most professional method but effective, some would tell you to just drive way and try to collect by sending him a bill, but that never works.[/COLOR]

10. NEPSJay

NEPSJay Senior Member

I wonder if any snowplower has ever had to call the cops in a situation like that. Taxi's get ripped off all the time for services and they always call the law. A service is a service I would think. And yes, IMHO you did right thing.

11. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

he paid to have 40% of his drive done so you put the 60% back. :) remember, always put things back where you got them from. :)
    yes i think you did the right thing. he was going to screw you out of the money you earned no matter what you did.

12. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Yup- that's what I figure too. you can also collect some snow to add interest from the streets....

13. frostservices

frostservices Member

I woulda said we agreed on $100 I will plow for that amount,you have my number if you change your mind give me a call .I would`t worry about the $60 if you react in the wrong way it will cost you alot more than that in the longrun. And if he calls you back he will respect you for being a man of your word even if he isn`t.
    Seth

14. Allagash

Allagash Senior Member

That's a fantastic story!

I've got nothing againt rich people as I aspire to be one, however, many of them are the cheapest SOB's on the planet. To be fair, I know many too that are good and generous people.

Great story though.