1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Guys running Fisher's

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Bad Luck, Nov 4, 2004.

1. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

Where did you mount your isolation module and soleniod?

2. I have a 2001 chevy, I mounted the isolation module on the side of fuse box and i mounted the solenoid on the passenger side firewall which was right next to my aux battery.

3. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

I mount the Iso on the side of the fuse box as stated,you'll find it easier to work at if you remove the brace from the firewall to the fender(4 bolts),I mount the solenoid to the engine side of the fuse box(your gonna want to pop the fuse box off and take a look to miss the wires,there is plenty of room in there if you scope it out first.

4. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

Thanks guys. Just scoping out my possibilities. I was originally thinking of mounting them on the pass side fender up by the fire wall but I want to leave myself some room for an aux battery in the future.

Gotta love this site....tons of helpful people. It's like a support group for plow addicts!! :nod:

"Hi, I'm bad Luck, and I'm a plow-a-holic..."

5. gkwoodfloors

gkwoodfloors Junior Member

If you look just to the engine side of the fuse box kind of next to the battery you will see a black plastic cover the covers the ECU. There is a hole already drilled in the top of it. I just pulled the cover off and bolted it through that hole. Nice and clean.

6. JRKRACE

JRKRACE Senior Member

I just hung mine on the wiring harness from the engine to the computer with zip ties. Also buched up the fuses so they would be easier to check. The battery realy I mounted right next to the battery on the left side of the radiator support. Nice thing about having it all on one side is if it has to be removed, it can be done in about 30 minutes.

7. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

The sylinoid is up on the inner fender driver side under the little supprt thingy. Its very close to the fire wall. Isolation module is there also.

8. snowman01

snowman01 Junior Member

ratlover with ez-v

was wondering how your truck handles blade. have a new 2500 hd duramax looking at a 8.6 ezv thinking its 2 heavy whata u think ? thx any suggestions for suspension would be appreciated

9. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

I ran a 9.5 V and my reg cab handled it great. No pogoing going down the road ect. I ran timbrens up front and proper ballast behind the rear wheels and I was golden. 4800# FAWR on my truck

10. JCStrasser

JCStrasser Member

Timbrens up front, 800# in the bed- handles our 1/3 mile gravel road (plowing)and the rough local town roads (traveling). But I'm a somewhat lighter gas big block.

John

11. Merc1100sc

Merc1100sc Senior Member