1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Guys need help on gravel with shoes on my VXT

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by JaysLawns, Dec 21, 2008.

1. JaysLawns

JaysLawns Junior Member

Hey guys I just plowed my biggest account this year for the first time as it is gravel. What a nightmare it was. I was plowing with my 8"2 V XT and I currently run shoes for the gravel. Do you guys think I should adjust the shoes or just raise the blade up a little bit. When I was raised the blade it still wanted to take the gravel with the snow I pushed. I dont know exactly how much of the shoe adjustment that would work. Also when you raise the blade up its like you barely remove any layer of snow above the grave. Any tips would be great.
    Jay

2. jomofo

jomofo Senior Member

I had similar issues early season on my uneven dirt road - and was pretty tough going until I did some grading and the ground froze. Until then, it was just a light touch on the controller and patience. You can lower the shoes, but you'll still leave stripes...

3. 042500hd

042500hd Senior Member

I just float the blade a little on my VXT I've never run shoes.