1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Guys in New York who pay for workmen comp

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by grandview, Oct 26, 2009.

1. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I put this here because everyone hangs out here.

Our great Governor of NY is at it again for money.

As you know if you have employees and you need to keep those signs posted about minimum wage and all that other stuff.Well now you have to keep a copy in all your trucks or trailers .They are going to be doing on site checks now to see if you have a copy of it.If you don't that $250.00 fine to the State. So start making copies.

2. bluerage94

bluerage94 Senior Member

Thanks...It doesn't surprise me. If you don't mind me asking,where did you see that info?

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Buddy of mine runs a tree service and a guy from WC came over to his office today unannounced to see if he had his posters up and that's when he told him about it.

4. Landscapes8988

Landscapes8988 Senior Member

go figured... just another reason to move the company outta this state!

5. nedly05

nedly05 Member

Thanks for the info! More BS red tape to cut through in good old NY!

6. Seaway25

Seaway25 Senior Member

This state is ridiculous. New taxes and fees all the time. If anyone is interested here's a petition against the new license plate fees. http://www.nonewplates.com/
    It may not stop it, but it can't hurt. NY state is getting bad. I put my business up for sale this year. I'm sick of the headaches.

7. shott8283

shott8283 Senior Member

in my business classes im taking at college, we were talking about the REMARKABLE amount of people that have been leaving NYS over the past 10 years,,, mostly elderly, but within just the past 5 years, the amount of people that have been getting the h#ll out of dodge are from all ages!

i tell ya i wish i never came back.

Rudy Giuliani announced he is running for 2010.. there may be some light at the end of this garbage blind tunnel (no pun.. well.. maybe a little)

Last edited: Oct 29, 2009
  8. icudoucme

icudoucme Senior Member

well since Spitzer screwed that hooker we all got screwed.......