1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Guys in MA

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by pkenn, Oct 16, 2009.

1. pkenn

pkenn Senior Member

Anybody running clear strobes/led in their reverse lights?

2. 02powerstroke

02powerstroke PlowSite.com Addict

yup not legal but have yet to be bugged for it.....

3. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

i know lots of guys that do.. my truck only has the red tailights but ive been thinking about adding the reverse lights ever since i got the truck.. i dont know many people who will bother you for it either

4. 04f250xlt

04f250xlt Junior Member

I Do

I contract for my town, never had any problems. Give the cops a friendly wave and we both go on our way..

5. pkenn

pkenn Senior Member

you guys using alternating patters/side to side, or sync flash?

6. T&M SnowMan

T&M SnowMan Senior Member

we have the clears in all 4 corners on 3 of the 4 trucks we plow with...4th just havent been installed yet...have 2 switches for front/rears, and one switch to changes flash patterns in the 3 trucks..wanna get the stobes put in the last truck...maybe this year

7. grec-o-face

grec-o-face Senior Member

Yup.
    This is my second truck with clears in the reverse lenses.
    So far, I've had no issues.

In fact last year there was a car that had spun-out onto the lawn of one of my customers. There was a cop on scene when I got there. He told me he had a tow truck on the way.
    I offered to pull the car off of the lawn (mainly so I wouldnt have to wait). He agreed. I fired up the strobes, stopped traffic and hooked my tow strap to the car and to my A frame. A gentle tug, and the car was out. Cop watched the whole thing - waved and left.

8. T&M SnowMan

T&M SnowMan Senior Member

most cops dont care, its the ones with nothing better to do than to nit pick with their god complex that piss me off...luckily most of the cops in town arent bad....as long as your not driving around like a meathead you dont get bothered around here!

9. snow7899

snow7899 Senior Member

I have clear strobes in all four corners, and two clear strobes in cab light. Never been bothered on the north shore.