1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Guys in chicago land area!!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Dlongerman, Jan 23, 2009.

1. Dlongerman

Dlongerman Senior Member
    from IL

What company do you guys use to insure your truck and business, and plow?

Thanks

Dan

2. NorthernSvc's

NorthernSvc's Senior Member

country insurance they have been great, have had to file 2 claims in past 6 years i have been with them and have never had any problems.

3. Dlongerman

Dlongerman Senior Member
    from IL

how muck do you pay? for the year?

4. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

County Insurance as well!

5. snowandgo

snowandgo Senior Member

Also Country Companies.

About $4.5k/ year for two trucks and equipment, $2 mil liability, no employees.

Good service on claims. Have used them 11-1/2 years.

6. DCSpecial

DCSpecial Senior Member
    from IL

Country for us as well.

7. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

Metlife is who I go through.

8. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

My family uses country, they are soon to loose me though. It's taken a week, 4 or 5 phone calls, and still no word on if they are going to insure me for my own plowing stuff (sub now). Agent said that their commercial department may not insure me being so young with only 2yrs experience, said he would have an answer today, I got no phone call. And their liability rate for my truck is through the roof compared to American family.
    I've been driving for 3yrs, no tickets, no accidents I caused (one that wasn't my fault), $2k a year for liability on my truck this year.

I'm looking into American Family.

9. snowguys

snowguys Senior Member

i use gage for trucks and company

10. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

StateFarm.... and if you make a claim on me I'll sic their attacks dogs on ya. Actually I find them very easy and cost effective to work with.

Price really depends upon you. Your record, claims, age, status, multiple policies, etc, etc, etc. I don't think anyone is all the much cheaper than the next guy these days so, keep in mind service, support, etc.

11. dfdsuperduty

dfdsuperduty Senior Member

american family..... jennifer gholsen is my agent she is the only insurance agent that I know of that does yearly reviews of her customers in attempts to find a lower rate within am fam

12. Winterized

Winterized Senior Member

StateFarm.... and if you make a claim on me I'll sic their attacks dogs on ya. Actually I find them very easy and cost effective to work with.

OK..... I live in Wisconsin, but After being with State Farm for over 40 years for EVERYTHING.... they said they did not offer a commercial policy for my land scape business I started five years ago.

Had commercial with them for 30 years with my other business?????
    I am with State Auto now.

13. nekos

nekos Senior Member

i have my commercial auto insurance with Progressive and G/L with American Family ( even though they wont ever pay if i need them to )