1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

guy wants to trade plow trucks

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by RAW Details, Dec 12, 2009.

1. RAW Details

RAW Details Senior Member

ok so i want a 3/4 ton and this guy wants something smaller. i have a 95 1500 Z71 4x4 regular cab short bed. he has a 96 2500 suburban base model 4x4. both have plows already on the trucks. both unimount westerns. mine is 7.6ft and his is 8.5ft. i know my truck is mint! my truck has 121k on it brand new tires, just did full tune up, 200$ plow service and lift tube seal. his truck 175k on the truck, motor was redone at 110k and trans was rebuilt at 170k.

this is his truck

he wants my truck + a grand. what do u guys think????
  2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

That could be a good trade. What are the details on the engine and trans work? A full rebuild on a 4L80 pushes two grand. His pictures are not very good, but the body looks solid, and it sounds like the plow is in very good condition.
  3. RAW Details

RAW Details Senior Member

rebuilds on both motor and trans. both truck have 350ci motors and same trans
  4. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

One thing I would be concerned about is, can you adapt to backing up with all that interior? I have a Blazer and its hard to see out of sometimes....A pickup is a lot easier.
  5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Very unlikely. Your truck should have 4L60e, the sub should have 4L80e. It's a much stronger trans.

Also, the 96 sub is going to be a Vortec vs. your TBI. Big improvement.
  6. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

2COR, I think 95 was the changeover year from tbi to the vortec set up. His may be a vortec 5.7 I do agree, plowing with the sub will be way different then with your truck. Not only is it longer, but there are more blind spots and the windows will be a pita. I also have a full size blazer, dont plow with it, but it is different driving than my truck. Could be a good trade, all depends on if he has receipts showing proof of the rebuilds. And what kind of shape is the front end in, etc??
  7. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

My 95 Tahoe is TBI, the 96 Tahoe is Vortec. As for visibility, that's what mirrors are for. You want good rearward lighting, for sure. Many of us plow with V-boxes or dump bodies.
  8. ahoron

ahoron Senior Member
    from here

What he said:D
  9. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Another advantage of the Sub is put a swing away tailgate spreader on it, your bagged product stays nice an dry inside.