1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Guy having a BAD day

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by nms0219, Oct 4, 2007.

1. nms0219

nms0219 Senior Member

2. SD-Dave

SD-Dave Senior Member
    from Vermont

considering a huge amount of stoopidity must have caused such a preventable accident and considering no one was killed and/or injured...I say he had a pretty good day...might want to get a new insurance carrier...current one is going to drop him like a bad habit.

Lou

3. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

A government employee driving....what a suprise

4. repo_man62

repo_man62 Senior Member

Bet he loses his job!

5. dirt digger

dirt digger Senior Member

just because he wrecked doesnt mean he'll lose his job. If its his first slip up and he gets along well with his bosses then he will probably stay on. Good truck drivers/equipment operators are hard to find now and a lot of places are actively going out and trying to find them, not fire them...the article doesnt state what happend, he could have been swearving to avoid a car the cut him off, like so many do to big trucks:gunsfiring:

6. vis

vis Senior Member
    from 4

if it was chained down correctly how did it happen?

7. repo_man62

repo_man62 Senior Member

I personally wouldn't fire him... 'til after he paid for all damages dollar for dollar out of his checks.

8. nms0219

nms0219 Senior Member

he wrecked it by taking the turn to the on ramp way too fast with such a top heavy load. Best part is that it was a rental. Can anybody say slightly used x rental for sale with low hours and new paint??

9. AintNoFun

AintNoFun Senior Member

if that was NJ hed probably get a raise and promotion to lowboy driver, lol....

10. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

Bet he doesn't
    He's a government employee, can't be fired for almost anything.

But hey, if anyone is perfect and never tossed equipment, had a bad trailer, hit something, please feel free to be the first to stand up. I'll be sitting over in the corner.

11. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

lonecowboy your right sh@# happens
    check out my bad day on this thread

12. dirt digger

dirt digger Senior Member

i dont know why a lot of guys are bad mouthing government drivers...we have a ex-Penndot driver driving for us and he is hands down the best truck driver i have ever seen.

13. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

Dirt Digger i just think it's a stereotype, like chinese drivers (15mph in the left turn lane with the right blinker on)

last winter we had a 24" snow and nobody new what to do we kept on top of it and kept walmart open in doing that i kept the intrance clean also so the MODOT guy in a 1/2 truck with no plow told me not to do that, i told him he was just probably angry that they ran out of plow trucks by the time he got there so he was stuck with a 2wheel drive so about 30 min later one of the state trucks was stuck IN THE ENTRANCE that i was keeping clean till his buddy told me not to, so the driver HAND DUG his truck out and took him about 30 min with snow coming down 4-6" per hour it was a pretty sight.

14. 84deisel

84deisel Senior Member

this was my bad day 2 weeks ago. It was the plants fault not mine.

0919071317-00.jpg

15. 84deisel

84deisel Senior Member

one more of the back of the cab it was only $15,000 in damages

0919071307-00.jpg