1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Guest turned Member

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by MD Power Plow, Nov 29, 2004.

1. MD Power Plow

MD Power Plow Senior Member

Hi guys great site. I cant wait to get my new Blizzard installed and start pushing :) thanks for all the posting this has been a great help.

2. dmjr77

dmjr77 Senior Member

Welcome to the group! You will find alot of useful information here. It looks like we are going to be in for a busy winter. I just picked up 2 more driveways tonight, which brings my total count up to 48 residentail accounts. Welcome aboard!

3. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

Welcome to plowsite I myself any relatively new but have already learned so much, lot of great vets on here so read as many threads as you can. Good luck this winter.

4. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

welcome to board :drinkup:

5. MD Power Plow

Thanks everyone :waving:

6. MD Power Plow

Need to find tailgate spreader

I just got a call from one of my contract and they asked me if I did any De-icing? If anyone has had good luck with a tail gate spreader please let me know,I'am also looking for supplier for mag and salt in Maryland.

7. GreatBigTuna

GreatBigTuna Member

Hi! Welcome to plow site. :waving:

What part of Ellicott City are you from. We do a bunch of stuff around there and base our snow operations right off of Illchester.

As far as tailgates go, I bought a Buyers 600# last year and it worked great. I got it from Tractor Supply for around $750-850 (I can't remember exactly). We get our bagged salt and mag from Hartings on Hammonds Ferry road in Lansdowne and our Bulk from Harvey Salt Co. in Baltimore. I haven't been able to beat Hartings price on mag pellets.

Also, let me know if you are looking to do any sub work. I could still use a couple of subs for some stuff I have in the area.

Again, Welcome, it's nice to have some more Maryland folks on board!

8. SCSIndust

SCSIndust Senior Member

Have you tried SOuthern States in Sykesville? I know they have good prices on rock salt - around $5.00/bag. Last time I checked, they had good prices on calcium chloride, too. Oh yea, welcome to the site.

9. MD Power Plow

Spreader/salt

I have been calling around for spreader prices mini mate from Meyers $1500 snow ex 575 $1100 and western 1000 $1400. As well as mag $14.12 and 4.22 for salt now if I could figure out how to bid plowing and spreading so I am not the low baller

10. JustUsDe

JustUsDe Senior Member

Looks like more and more Md people joining the site. Welcome to the site MdPowerPlow.

I got this mailing from a salt supplier. Maybe it might help you Maryland guys. I'ts in Joppa, Md. Where ever that is? clearpathproducts.com
    I hope this helps some of you.

Ray

11. MD Power Plow

Ray Thanks for the link I just sent them a e-mail for info, I hope to hear from them soon.