1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Guess what broke now...

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by birddseedd, Jan 22, 2012.

1. birddseedd

birddseedd PlowSite Veteran

i swear something breaks every time i plow.

at least this time i could finish.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Have you considered a new career?

3. birddseedd

well. if i keep working at it ill eventually be able to get a decent plow.

but, then again. my 2004 $16k dodge lasted one week before it was completely broke down.

the mount for the left ram broke off.

when it wouldn't angel back straight i figured i was just low on oil or something, shrugs.

today i saw the ram hanging way off the plow. it wont be a hard one to fix. but i have to get the welder out in the cold again.

4. birddseedd

considering how old this plow is it really is expected to brake alot. i only paid $500 bucks for it. there isnt really much left on it that can brake. ill just have to sand it reweld it and move on.

5. Spucel

Spucel Senior Member

Thats the problem with older equipment, things break more often. If you dont know the previous owner, you have no idea how many times they plowed a curb doing 45MPH

6. birddseedd

that was perfectly said

7. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

I refurbished an old 6' Meyer blade a few years ago. Every single weld was sketchy and they were all factory welds. Practice makes perfect.

8. birddseedd

ya. im gettin plenty of that