1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Guess how much....

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by mcwlandscaping, Oct 12, 2011.

1. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

I was asked to bid this property for landscaping this year, winning bidder got it for 20% of what I and other legit companies in the area bid on it. I happen to know some board members for the property so they tell me things once the board finishes deciding. I was asked to bid the place for winter too, they told me what their max budget for the whole season was....try to guess what it is.

Specs:

-Roughly 30,000 sq ft
    -110 ft Sidewalk
    -All salt/sand to be provided by contractor
    -All snow hauled off site every storm
    -1" Trigger
    -No blizzard clause or max cap for season
    -There are at least as many cars in the parking lot at all times as in the pic

15 Harbor Ave edit.jpg

2. trqjnky

trqjnky Senior Member

tree fiddy?

3. getsum

getsum Senior Member
    from USA

35-40 Grand :confused:

4. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

$10,000 ?? That looks like an easy lot to push. The lots around here have too much landscaping and island crap

5. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

It wouldn't be too much except for the hauling after every storm. That part is going to cost more than the plowing and salting.

6. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Someone probably bid it at $9k. To low? Yes but that's my guess.

7. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

You mean to tell me this company hired someone that doesn't pay taxes or have insurance!!

Or are you not aware that lowballing is a strategy. So he doesn't have the same prices you do. So what!
    Walmart has a cheeper price than Mom and Pop's deli.

8. KBTConst

KBTConst Senior Member

Here it would be about 20k to 25k

9. wideout

wideout Senior Member
    from iowa

My guess is 5k

10. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Ok...so what is it?

11. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Hey MC, you know what guys call girls when they don't...................

12. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

ummm....a tease?

13. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

LOL hahahaha, forgot about this! A couple of you guys were real close/got it, its $10k.....and exactly like someone mentioned it seems to be a real easy push lot if it were empty and how they can haul out for that price is unreal.

BossPlow2010, while I wouldn't call lowballing a "strategy" i was only speculating that they may not be legit given the price they do the work for and i know the players in the area and the ones with the capital on hand that could do that entire property without subbing out the hauling would be charging roughly double for that job. It makes you wonder how the guys doing it for $10k can do it while subbing out the hauling...but again, its not worth my time to really look into it anymore. Sorry for the wording choice.