1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Guaging interest in smaller 3 in 1 possibility

Discussion in 'Daniels Plows Discussion' started by gvm, Feb 21, 2011.

1. gvm

gvm Member

I am guaging some interest, meaning tossing around the idea of a smaller 3 in one unit. There are alot of customers out there with the mini wheel loaders which are perfect with the 12' and 14' straight blades/pusher kit combo.

I have sold many 12' and 14' blades to customers who have the Caterpillar, JCB, Wacker, New Holland, Ingersoll Rand/Bobcat, Volvo, John Deere, Komatsu, ect.... compact wheel loaders,either rented, leased, or owned by the customer.

Most of these new compact wheel loaders have a minimum GVW weight rating of 11,000 lbs or greater, and have horsepower ratings from 60 to around 100 hp depending on the model (turbo or non turbo). and since these machines are designed for a number of tasks, there are a bunch of hydraulic attachments available for them, and most of the newer ones have a third valve, (see attached picture). which is required with the 3 in 1.

When considering a blade for a mini wheel loader, the weight of the machine is often times more important than the horsepower, although more power is a bonus, weight and traction usually win the fight.

So, with all this being said, Mini wheel loaders seem to be quite popular these days related to snow removal because of these reasons:
    Versatility
    Manuverability
    Transportability (drive site to site)
    Ground speed (higher than skid steers)
    Attachments (quick couplers/quick backing plates/3rd auxillary hyd valves)
    Rental leasing and lower purchase cost over a larger loader
    Overall Ease of Use
    Unsurpassed Visibility from the drivers cab (good visibility means faster plowing)

Ive attached some picture examples of what I would put a 10', 12' and 14' straight blade with a pusher kit on, and I would love to design and build a 10', 12' , and possibly a 14' Three in One for machines like these.

As a poll, post your picture of your mini wheel loader, and tell me, If I built the compact three in one plow, would you buy one? Sure would be one cool and effcient combination on a compact/mini wheel loader. Not sure yet what price point will be, but of course, volume would keep the price point lower as compared to just building onesie twoosies. Let me know your thoughts on this.

Thanks, Gary@danielsplows.com

1259076376678__JCBAmericas_409CompactLoader_FCP_0.png

1259076377995__TakeuchiM_TW80_0.png

1259076378093__WackerNeuson_WL50CompactWheelL_FCP_0.png

ingersoll rand compact wheel loader.jpg

john-deere-244j Full Machine Pic.jpg

2. pieperlc

pieperlc Senior Member
    from 4-5

Why not build them so a large frame skid steer could handle them as well. A 10' would fold to a 8' pusher? I think the concept of the 3 in 1 is great. I have a straight blade w/pusher kit and love it. I would think you could do well with a smaller 3 in 1. Maybe needs a trip-edge though?

3. gvm

gvm Member

good point on the trip edge. I was also thinking the large platform skid steers too! glad you like the straight blade. is it a 12'?

4. pieperlc

pieperlc Senior Member
    from 4-5

Actually 10'. Don't have a 2 speed so I was a little worried about pushing in deep or wet snow. If I had it to do over I would go 12.

5. gvm

gvm Member

You could always trade it in for a new 12 footerThumbs Up

6. pieperlc

pieperlc Senior Member
    from 4-5

My blade and $200 for a new 12' w/pusher kit. Deal? Or maybe I'll just wait for a smaller 3 in 1.