1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Guages

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by MIDTOWNPC, May 20, 2010.

1. MIDTOWNPC

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

anyone got guages for their diesel.

I have seen all the pillar mounts and I dont know I want the obstructed view.

a place that I have purhchased from before.... glowshift, has this guage on now which is 3 in 1

anyone ever seen anything else like this?
    Im thinking rather then the $300++ is costs for the other guages this seems to be a great idea.

so I get exhaust temp, boost, and I would do a temp on the tranny I guess.
    Guys recomment fuel pressure, but I would need another one for that I guess. Im running fass do I really need fuel presure?

3-in-1-large-web.jpg

2. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

I run a SPA Dual digital guage on my truck

Pyro and Boost, Mounted on the steering coloum, I felt exactly like you, the a pillars on these trucks are soo big to begin with I couldnt afford to loose anymore area cause its already a huge blind spot and it Works great, thier guages are really nice, have a memory function and a whole bunch of other options, along with great customer service!

The warning lights built into the guages are the best, whenever I get above 20 psi boost it pops on its almost like a shift light LOL

I highly doubt you'll need a fuel pressure guage... What do you plan on doing?

http://www.spatechnique.com/product_pages/page.cfm?cat=2

3. Triple L

from Canada

I highly recommend you get a digital guage with memory also, cause when your doing 32 psi of boost your not watching your gauges your watching the road! and its sooo cool to be able to look back and see what you peaked at...

Last edited: May 20, 2010
  4. Wicked500R

Wicked500R Senior Member

I have a triple pillar and it does not create that much more of a blind spot other than the pillar itself. If your runnin your truck hard, you want the gauges at eyeball level so you can glance at them while watching the road. I know how many pounds of boost my truck makes and I don't need to look at the gauge to see I'm at 40 psi ! Whoopie.. If I start to loose power, THEN I'll monitor the boost gauge for a little while to see if boost dropped..Other than that my eyes are on the road and my EGT gauge to make sure I'm not overheating the cylinders.. That's most important. If I'm plowing.. I'll also monitor the trans temp gauge on a regular basis. I NEVER look at my tach...I know what my engine sounds like when it's approaching the red line. Of course, this is all on a modded diesel... :mechanic:

5. MIDTOWNPC

well I have read before that fuel pressure was key to monitor as the stock dodge pumps were terrible in the 99 and 03 that I have.. and that was the killer of injector pumps. both those trucks have FASS systems so I dont think its going to be a problem

Tranny temp would be really nice
    Egt I have read is key
    and the other well doesnt really mean anything to me. Im more concerned about
    knowing how its running and preventing damage then I am beating your chevy :laughing:

6. MIDTOWNPC

7. Triple L

from Canada

Your putting these on your truck you got tuned with the smarty i guess? Which one did you end up tuning?

If the trucks not tuned, I wouldnt worry about anything... JMO

8. MIDTOWNPC

my 99 has a 3 stage hypertech programmer, exhaust, rebuilt tranny and a fass fuel system

my 03 has a smarty, fass, rebuilt tranny

I was thinking for both.

my 07 6.7 stock has so much power as it is.

perhaps your right and I dont need anything.

9. Wicked500R

Wicked500R Senior Member

If your running those Dodges with the Hypertech and Smarty, You best have gauges..:nono: Especially an EGT gauge.. When you add more fuel than stock, you should always install gauges 1st and they should be the 1st mod !

10. FuturePilot4u

FuturePilot4u Member

what is boosting

11. Triple L

from Canada

He're a pic of what i got er to last night at the pulls... Looks like she got pretty hot :drinkup:

IMG00011-20100612-0224.jpg

12. MIDTOWNPC

I thought you were having issues with your tranny?
    is the top figure boost. lol wow.

13. Triple L

from Canada

yup thats boost....

14. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Anyone have any comments on the quality of that 3 in 1 GlowShift guage and its sensors? It's something I'd be interested in but never really heard of them so I don't want to waste my money on a guage/sensor that's not accurate and possible engine damage.

15. MIDTOWNPC

well I have bought from them before. I got a 3 pod pillar for a truck my dad had and it was a nice setup back 3 years ago. since then they have come out with that 3 in 1.
    I cant really compare to anything else however.

if you are thinking about buying search google for glowshift coupon code... it will save you 10% 15% sometimes even 35% if you can find a good one.

I had mentioned this for my bday and wanted to see if I got it before I ordered. I got some other stuff so I am going to order next week I think.

Chad is your fuel pump stock?

16. Dirty Jersey

Dirty Jersey Senior Member

Hello, I have that gauge in my 98.5 2500 diesel. I have it set up to read the trans temp. And have a separate fuel press gauge. It is a must for the VP-44 trucks to have a fuel pressure gauge! You smoke the VP and you pay dearly. I have a Air Dog 100 it works great. Not to mention the piece of junk 47re tranny.

Good Luck,

John