1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

GTA Sub's Pay

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by SGLC, Jan 9, 2006.

1. SGLC

SGLC Senior Member

Feel free to move this if its in the wrong section but I'd like to hear from the guys in the GTA "greater toronto area" what subs are making per hour. Based on truck and plow configurations, salter no salter and such. I'm curious to know how much of a doop I am in what I know I'm currently getting paid.
  2. Raydon

Raydon Member

Jeff, I subbed last year with my truck and 8' straight blade for 65.00 an hour starting from when I got to the first job until I was finished. I think this was about average from what I heard.
  3. torquedaddy

torquedaddy Junior Member

I am north of montreal and the average sub gets around $65-$75 an hour depending on equipment being used.
  4. crazymike

crazymike Senior Member
    from Toronto

I'm at $78 an hour in the city with 8'6" blade.

I had another guy call me after I got this contract and offered me $10 a foot. He was in the pickering area, but I wasn't sure about hours.

A friend of mine who plows in the city for a bigger company gets $68 but he says if he works 8.5 hours they usually tell him to take 9.