1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

GTA Ontario Parts Suppliers

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by wile.e.w, Dec 4, 2007.

1. wile.e.w

wile.e.w Junior Member

A question for the experienced plow operators...
    After spending some frustrating and costly visits to DProds, I turned to EBAY to find my parts. It appears that our American cousins have access to cheap plow/spreader parts. Do any of you have any local suppliers that don't ask for your first born? I may have to make a grocery list of parts and make a cross border trip.....the EBAY shipping costs are starting to eat into the savings. Thanks for your help.

2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

DP is expensive but at least they generally have what you need and they are very close to me. I'm not exactly sure where you are and what your looking for.

On edit I see it's probably Meyers parts so your going to pay through the nose for them anywhere in Canada.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2007
  3. wile.e.w

wile.e.w Junior Member

Thanks for your reply Dave....I am just north of you in Dufferin Co. ...I guess what I'm looking for is a source for motors/springs/rams that is not "Meyer" branded. Seems like there are plenty of spreader/plow motors in US and I can't find an auto electric dealer that sells after market motors that do the same job. I'm running older equipment that needs a little more attention.