1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

GT or Ranger?

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by jasf, Nov 11, 2004.

1. jasf

jasf Member

I do 2 residential drives in my neighborhood,and 1 about 8 miles away for an inlaw. These are no pay,bartered with the neighbors. Currently plowing with a Craftsman GT then trailering to the inlaws. Thought about getting a Homesteader for my '03 Ranger. Other posts say to disregard the Fisher & go Western or Blizzard. I've never seen a Blizzard locally so that is out of the question. I've seen torsion bars snap on 150s' if you set a penny on the bumper. Is it OK to hang one these personal use plows on a Ranger? Sure would be nice to be warm.

2. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Welcome to powsite! :waving:
    Click on one of the dealer icons at the top of the page. They have links to follow about truck specs. and plows. :waving:

3. I'm not sure why anyone would say to stay away from fisher. From what I've seen around here, is that fisher is alot more popular than any other. If you find one that will fit your ranger, then the next most important thing is that the dealer is close to you. Good luck, and your life will be much easier with a plow on your truck, heck, you might even start making some payup

4. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

Welcome to Plowsite! :waving:
    Why dont you want to go Blizzard? Personally I think they are great plows and they make a plow just your size. If you are set though on not getting a Blizzard do a search. Their are some other plowers with Ford Rangers. [​IMG]

5. crashz

crashz Senior Member

Any one of the lighter plows (Suburbanite, Homesteader, Blizzard, Curtis HomePro, Snoway, etc) will work on your ranger. The ranger makes a good little plow truck, and there seems to be plenty of happy rangers owners out there who plow.

The torsion bar issue was pretty much isolated to 97 and 98 F150s. The bars were made to sub-standard specs and would snap, loaded or not. The newer trucks don't seem to have that issue. Ask CJA - he's got a 750 lb Curtis on his without a problem. As far as the rangers, I haven't heard of anyone with broken T bars.

6. jasf

jasf Member

Thanks for the advice

The only reason I disreguarded the Blizzard is because I've never seen one around here. I was following the advice I read on here. "Local dealer". That Ranger looks sweet with the Blizzard on it. I've seen a Homesteader mounted up & the Western in a dealer lot. They both look like good plows for what I want to do. Now that I have some info from the experts,time to do some research on my own. Thanks for the help & the warm welcome.

7. I have a 6'8'' sno-way on my 02 Ranger. I like it a lot and the truck has no problem carrying the weight of the plow or pushing the snow. I would have loved to get a new Blizzard, but brand new equipment doesn't work well with a college budget so I got a slightly used sno-way.

8. jasf

jasf Member

I found a Blizzard dealer about 30 miles away. Hopefully I can check one of those out this week. The Sno Way is another I never thought of based on never seeing one. Happy to hear your satisfied with the performance of your Ranger. Any perforfmance or suspension mods? Mines stock wth exception of a K&N filter. 4.0,4.10 gears,auto,4dr suprcab,standard box.