1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

grr.. first property damage

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by bigjeeping, Mar 7, 2007.

1. bigjeeping

bigjeeping Senior Member

well I was pretty happy to get another push in before spring hits us... winter has been pretty mild here. Accidently backed into a garage door while plowing last night. It's not a solid door, its one with the panels which kind of roll back. I think there's four panels and only one is damaged........ anyone know if I can replace just the single panel? And any idea on cost?
    I'm going over tmr to look at it with the homeowner and get the model number and everything.

Ill snap a few pics for my records and post them on here so you guys can laugh, j/k
  2. MarksTLC

MarksTLC Senior Member

An Aunt of mine backed into one of my doors, caused the same type of damage. I was able to replace the panel, but the color is off. Unfortunely, mine were Sears doors and I had to buy a 2 pack. - 3 yrs ago, $140 a pack (2 panals).

Shouldn't be a problem to get one panel thought. Most "Good companies", know accidents like that happen.
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2007
  3. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

Holy smokes, your like the fifth person to do that this year:confused: . You should all buy new doors in bulk and save some cash payup
  4. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

That sucks, it shouldn't cost too much $200-$300 tops if you replace it yourself and with a little help from a friend. I'll be heading that way to pick up my daughter from school this weekend, as many times that i have been down there, your right you guys haven't had much snow this year.
  5. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Haha actually I hit a door frame (styrofoam!) not a door... gonna cost just as much though ($200)

Actually, if you think about how many of us there are, and how many garage doors we have to get near (as a group) its actually surprising that this doesn't happen more often.
  6. bigjeeping

bigjeeping Senior Member

I can live with $200-300.. dissapointing.. but sh*t happens
  7. G-LSCPE

G-LSCPE Junior Member

200-300 hundred sucks, last storm I backed over a London Plane Tree 3.5" caliper totaling about 450.00. I was in my truck for 3 hours at 2 in the morning without talking to anyone then my cell phone rang it freaked me out so bad I backed right over the tree.

X-LOWBALLER Senior Member
    from Toronto

First "significant" snowfall this season, my good friend (who refuses to do residentials???) does what he thought was a good deed for an elderly lady plowing her own driveway. He has a Monroe salter and after he finished plowing her lot, he back right into a light pole and it destroyed his motor/spinner assembly. He hasn't taken it out of the shop yet but it was an expensive plow.
  9. bigjeeping

bigjeeping Senior Member

Well just one panel is damaged.. but I found out from the manufacturer that this garage door is NO LONGER made, I called a local company and they said the only way to get one is to find somebody who has one laying around in their shop/warehouse because they are completely discontinued... which is surprising because the garage door didn't look very old. :cry:

If anyone knows of where I can find one, or knows somebody in the garage door business they could ask if they might have one laying around their shop I would reimburse $$ you for your help!

Here's the info:

Manufacturer: Wayne Dalton
    Model: Thermowayne Model 36
    16 feet wide, one panel.
    I think the panels can be painted so the color wouldn't matter, however it is white.
  10. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

weird, I think thats my garage door. Good luck with that.