1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Groundsmaster Plow Question

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by toroman1992, Dec 8, 2015.

1. toroman1992

toroman1992 Junior Member

Hey all,

Its been a longggg time since I have posted on here! So I have a question. I currently have a Toro Groundsmaster with a 48" plow. When the plow is straight, it covers the entire width of the tractor. When I angle it, the plow does not cover the entire width of the tractor anymore. (Tires are wider than the plow at this point)

I am currently looking to purchase a 60" snow for the Groundsmaster instead. Around here, the sidewalks are 60" across. So I do believe I would have to angle the plow the entire time to ensure I don't tear the turf.

But here is the main question!!!! I was wondering if there was some kind of rule of thumb when it comes down to angling the plow. How much "plow" do you lose when you angle it?

Thanks Guys. Any help is appreciated. :cool:
  2. ATVDaddy

ATVDaddy Junior Member

You mentioned you have a straight plow on your Toro Groundmaster. I think you will have a hard time angling with a flat surface of a straight blade. it's better if you have a V-plow since the the arrowhead can slice through hard snow. it has the ability on angle and can scoop snow for stacking. It provides a slicing action that makes the operation easier.
  3. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

We run 54" blades on our groundsmasters
  4. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Ummmmm, a friendly competitor (actually my grandfather started the company) has been using straight blades on Groundsmasters for I'm guessing 20 years, probably longer.