1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

grounding?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by vt properties, Nov 6, 2013.

1. vt properties

vt properties Senior Member
    from vermont

Hooked up headlight connector only without attaching plow and now my headlights on both truck and plow have left light out and no brights whatsoever. I was testing lightbulb on 8 ' HD straight blade and pulled up the 09 f250 and attached only headlamp connector and saw left light out. So I pulled out the 13 f250 and hooked up to the XV2 and removed back of headlamp to access bulb only one connector for the lights to test bulb. Now booth trucks the 09 and 13 have headlamp issues withpout plow on.The 09 booth headlamps work but no Bright's and the 13 left headlamp out completely and no brights on either the out light or the functioning one. What am I doing wrong? And what did I most likely do blow a fuse?

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

ok you have way to many tks and years going on here. start again
    I think I got outta all that years stuff is, you hooked up your headlight connector and not the rest of the plow wiring?

3. vt properties

from vermont

Yes exactly..What did I do wrong.. Im assuming what I did was a no no based on both truck have strange headlight issues

4. vt properties

from vermont

Basically I hooked up only the headlight connector on 2 plows and 2 seperate trucks. Well now both trucks have headlight issues .

5. dieselss

Did you install the test of the plow wiring ?

6. vt properties

from vermont

The truck side is complete on both trucks. And I only plugged in the light connector and the light problems began.. I am about to start to look for fuses and bad relays on both trucks. I just don't understand why this happened. I obviously did something wrong by just trying to test a headlight by just hooking up one connector. Thanks for reading this BTW. Any ideas? One thought I have is may bee since the push plate s were not in contact with the vehicle there is grounding issues?

7. dieselss

You need to hook up both plowside grill connectors no matter what. The hooking up the plow does not matter. For the electrical.
    Yea ck your fuses tkside and plowside. Might also need to flip the headlight adaptor 180

8. vt properties

from vermont

Thank you dieselss

9. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

Plug both headlamp and control harness and from the plow into the trucks.Check both trucks side wiring at the fuses at the isolation module to see if they are blown or not.