1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Grounding wire ?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by ohionewbie, Nov 8, 2011.

1. ohionewbie

ohionewbie Junior Member

Hey guys what is the best way to ground the wire coming from the Pump/motor? I have seen them mounted too the negative post of the battery and too the frame etc. Any help would be appreciated!

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Wire both the power and the ground directly to the battery. If you replace your battery consider a dual post, it allows easier attachment of accessories

3. ohionewbie

ohionewbie Junior Member

I have a dual post....but the reason im asking is because I have major amperage draw too where the lights dim and the voltage meter drops pretty good. I a diesel truck now with dual batteries and I do not know exactly the best way too hook it up too the truck ....

4. carkey351

carkey351 Senior Member

x2 on direct battery hookup it's a must. what works for me is to put all the smaller wires on a set of marine terminals on the top posts, plus with a quick twist you can unhook them.

5. ohionewbie

ohionewbie Junior Member

Ok...I agree...but with a diesel having two batteries does it matter which one is utilized?

6. carkey351

carkey351 Senior Member

I've always used the one on the drivers side because it was closer, but it probably doesn't matter which one as long as the connections are tight and it doesn't interfere with anything else under the hood.

7. ohionewbie

ohionewbie Junior Member

Thanks carkey....I will see.....thanks for your help!