1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

grounding through the plow

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by Detroitdan, Dec 5, 2008.

1. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

Was hooking up my plow today to move it inside the shop to get some new bushings installed, noticed a spark jump between the plow bushing and plowframe just as I pulled the powerhitch tight. Is this normal, or do I have a problem? I would have thought the ground went through the plug in harness.

2. Emstaxi

Emstaxi Member

That has occurred to me occaisionally if the plow frame isnt tight against the truck frame

3. festerw

festerw Senior Member

You shouldn't be getting a spark if your ground cable is properly connected, which from what I understand can be difficult with the Blizzard connector and I believe is why the Erie Specials have a redundant power/ground cable.

4. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Spread the ground pin in the plug a little and/or clean to assure good contact. They can be finicky and/or prone to corrosion if neglected.

5. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

And I just though you stopped by to visit. LOL

Ground and power issues are a problem with all of the plows. You only see this issue with blizzards and boss plows because they are away from the truck when hooking up. We've got an add on harness that not only stops the spark issue but improves overall performance of all the plows. J

6. Emstaxi

Emstaxi Member

Jerre,

How much is the harness? You can pm or email me. I'm still planning to come up this weekend, weather permitting

7. festerw

festerw Senior Member

I do just stop by to visit, but even then you can't help but pick up some knowledge. I might be a part-timer but at least I'm an informed part-timer:jester:

8. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

They are $125 plus shipping. J