1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ground wire problem 2001 tandem dump plow

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by townmanwi, Jan 2, 2012.

1. townmanwi

townmanwi Junior Member

I have a gound problem on the town plow truck. its a problem with the tail lights the two on the dump box and the three clips on the rear frame. cant find where the ground wire would be for them. thanks for the help

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Are you sure the body builder added the gnd wire? I have seen so many bodies where they just gnd to frame.

3. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

First I would get a Test Light and make sure you have a good positive wire first.

Then I would just make a new ground connection somewhere if you suspect it's a ground wire. Better to just go with a new one rather than chasing the old.

Another thing too, I would find the "rat's nest", as I like to call it, and take it apart and check all the connectors. I had to do this with my truck this year. Basically I found the wad of taped up wires and took it apart. Most of the heat-shrink connectors were corroded out and needed replaced.