1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ground Wire MM2

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Dieselman77, Nov 18, 2007.

1. Dieselman77

Dieselman77 Junior Member
    from CT

Hey I just picked up a MM2 and I had to convert it from a 3 wire to a 2 wire since the truck only had 2 plugs. I transfered the wires over with out a problem, but when i was taking off the ground wire attatched to the plow motor I broke the bolt its attached to. Does anyone know if that bolt is replacable it looks like it screws directly into the motor, or do I have to weld another bolt onto get a grounding spot again?? Thanks

2. big bird

big bird Senior Member

once you brake it you have a problem:cry:

3. Ground Stud

On mine, the ground connection is a stud. [​IMG] [​IMG]If I remember correctly, the stud unscrews from the motor housing. Is yours a stud or was it just a bolt ??? Either way, try cutting a slot in whatever is left, and take a good screwdriver and try to turn it out. Soak it with WD40 or PB blaster for a while before you attempt to turn it. Let us know how you make out.

4. big bird

big bird Senior Member

looks like my mouter i broke my ground i had to take it in they ripet it all a part to fix it hope you find a cheeper way good luck:realmad:

5. big bird

big bird Senior Member

looks like my mouter i broke my ground i had to take it in they ripet it all a part to fix it hope you find a cheeper way good luck:realmad:

6. dzrick

dzrick Senior Member

Wouldn't you be able to use a stud welder and just blast another stud on the motor case somewhere. It is just a ground.

7. dzrick

dzrick Senior Member

:waving:

I just re-read the first post and see that the screw in question might be screwed into the motor making my post useless sorry.

8. Dieselman77

Dieselman77 Junior Member
    from CT

Hey guys, I was able to weld another bolt onto that stud and get everything working perfectly!!! Thanks for the help

9. bremery

bremery Junior Member

This is a bit off topic, but where does the black / orange wire go in the picture. Is it a ground from the motor to the frame? I bought a used pump to convert my belt driven hydraulic to the insta act and that cable is cut.

Thanks,
    Brandon