1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ground problem ???

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by haulerman, Jan 12, 2010.

1. haulerman

haulerman Junior Member

I have a e47 pump with a slick stick controler, last two times i went out i had a problem i can't figure out - everything just stops working. the only way to fix it is to hit a snow bank somewhat hard and everything starts working- and yes i've checked all connections and replaced a couple of suspect wires. i was told it could be a ground ? but mine is tight and clean, this fellow told me could be bad body ground, and i need to run a aditional ground form pump to truck plow frame.-is this possible and ok to do??????? thanks for the help i'm stumped!!!!!!!!!!:
  2. JMR

JMR Senior Member

You should have a battery cable size ground wire going straight from the pump to the battery.

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

run a ground cable from battery to plow pump make sure the connection on the pump is clean and tight.
    when you say everything is dead lights and all our just plow function maybe loose connection to controlller
  4. haulerman

haulerman Junior Member

I have a ground from pump to battery , and the controler is fine , and lights still work just plow functions are dead! I was told my boby ground could be weak cause of rust and i need to run another one. who knows cant hurt to try......
  5. royallawn

royallawn Senior Member
    from kansas

my slick stick plug wiggles loose under the stick itself. every so often i just reach below the stick and pull up on the rubber plug.
  6. Plowfixguys

Plowfixguys Senior Member

when this happens does the solenoid click? Maybe a brush is hanging up in the motor