1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ground Hog predicts 6 more weeks of winter

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Mike Nelson, Feb 2, 2001.

1. Mike Nelson

Mike Nelson Senior Member

Well,for all you snow dancers,your wish has come true.Old Phil predicts we will have 6 more weeks of winter:cool:
  2. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

I've always liked that little guy.

3. CCLC

CCLC Member

Winter doesn't necessarily snow though. It could be lots of cold. But, the winter trend here is snow.

LET IT SNOW!!!!!!!
  4. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

However, the problem I just read is that we are changing to a La Nina winter weather pattern. Books out on whether it will become entrenched or not, hopefully not. NWS forecasters have mentioned it & Gary Gray discusses it at his site too.
  5. iowastorm

iowastorm Senior Member

Oh no BRL; you're beginning to sound like a forecaster. Soon you'll be venturing out here to the Plains in conquest of severe weather.

BTW: Every outlook we had here in IA for precipitation, temperatures, etc. by our state climatologist and the NWS were wrong; go figure.
    The MRF is showing a pretty potent system hitting you guys next week.
  6. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

How often is the groundhawg right?

7. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

plow kid -

The answer is seldom!
    At least in Kansas
  8. Pauls Mowing

Pauls Mowing Member

I've found that no matter what Ol Phil says, there is always 6 more weeks of winter left.

9. slplow

slplow PlowSite.com Veteran

I just hope it snows!!!
  10. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

rooster, he's never right here also, the ice is breaking up on the lake :( so now i have try to get out one last time ;)
  11. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

If Old Phil does not see his shadow, we will have a month and 1/2 of winter left.

12. Randy Scott

Randy Scott Senior Member

There's six weeks of winter left regardless what the little rodent saw. That's so goofy.
  13. nsmilligan

nsmilligan PlowSite.com Veteran

Our 2 Canadian ground hogs only predicted 2 weeeks more weeks of winter, Whyerton Willy & Shubenacadie Sam. But I just counted my hours and I spend 42 hours plowing since Feb 1. I hope our's are right. Deere John You live closer to Willy What do you think?