1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Grote per-lux lights to meyer saber harness

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by isellmeyers, Jan 17, 2016.

1. isellmeyers

isellmeyers Junior Member

I hope I am in the right place here. If not I apologize. I need help figuring out a light problem i am having on my 2001 chevy 3500 gas truck. I have a pair of Per-Lux lights that are five wire that work great and are new. I was given a meyers wire harness for night saber lights and had it installed. Ok so the problem is the harness is six wire and was told the extra wire is a second ground or a common wire. I also have the DRL module attached for the DRL. I need to know is there a way to get these lights to work on this harness? And I already have the parking and directional lights working. I have tired to ground everything together at the battery along with the blue common wire thinking it is ground. Well after burning two sets of fuses out I figured something isn't right. and the fuses that are burning out are the truck side fuses for the low and high beam. I am thinking I am shorting something with that extra wire on the harness that is a common wire. But because I don't have much experience with these lights I figured someone here might be a bit smarter. Thanks for any help

Last edited: Jan 17, 2016
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Have you opened up the grote lights to verify proper wire placement?

3. Randall Ave

Randall Ave 2000 Club Member

How do you switch your truck to plow lights, toggle switch or modules? If you paid someone to do this, take it back and tell him to fix it.