1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Grote LED lights anyone?

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by mx495, Nov 27, 2008.

1. mx495

mx495 Member
    from MO

Anone use either of these? I am considering them both, I can get a good price through my brother. Just wondering if they are as bright as other brands.

[​IMG]

and

[​IMG]

2. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Looked at both, didn't get a good price, so went with grotes Mini led beacon. We never really have any problems with grote stuff.

3. Kybol

Kybol Senior Member
    from Alberta

I turned one on in the store display while I was looking right at it, bad idea, I was seeing white dots for a bit.

4. Fiafighterdude

Fiafighterdude Senior Member
    from ME

the beacon is F&@$ing Bright

5. Fiafighterdude

from ME

whe have one on our town trucks sanders and why did they copie whelens responder lp

6. mx495

mx495 Member
    from MO

I think a lot of corp. only buy from one supplier. If that supplier copies a good selling model, they will sell it to there vendors if they use them exclusively.

7. mx495

mx495 Member
    from MO

Yea, they have 3 of the led beacons, each one just has more LED's stacked higher and is considerably more expensive. The one I posted is the middle sized one.

8. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

whelen makes the light for grote and they slap grotes or truck lights name on it. also they do the same for fisher

9. Fiafighterdude

from ME

i knew about fisher beacuse i didnt know about grote thats kinda like whelen making the talon for galls and sound off making all the other galls lights

10. mx495

mx495 Member
    from MO

Is the mini lightbar above as bright as the beacon? I am considering getting it, but don't know if it uses the newer LED's that are really bright. Anyone have video of either?

11. Gix1k4

Gix1k4 Senior Member

mx495, that's my question too. My Brother-in-law works for Acklands-Grainger and has given me a good price for the mini-bar. I'm still wondering how bright it would be, since it's not the linear model.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2008
  12. mx495

mx495 Member
    from MO

Yea, I'm really interested in it, but would like to see more than just a stock photo. What do you mean by the linear model?

13. mx495

mx495 Member
    from MO

I got the 76983. I will wire it up and try to take some pics in the next few days.

14. Gix1k4

Gix1k4 Senior Member

Looking forward to seeing pics...

15. mx495

mx495 Member
    from MO

Sorry I don't have pics yet. I just got it hooked up. I can tell you that it is REALLY bright.I can't even look at it.lol I got the permanant mount and it has 6 wires. 12V, ground, pattern change, low brightness, your chosen default pattern, and one to sync to another light.

16. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

any pics of it?

17. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

You forgot about Code 3 making the Galls Traffic Busters also!

18. mx495

mx495 Member
    from MO

Here are 2 pics, I'm trying to get a video uploaded.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. mx495

mx495 Member
    from MO

20. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Very nice.. Would love to see a daytime video too.