1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Grondin's Cat 247B Plowing Sidewalk (video)

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by VolvoL60F, Jan 23, 2011.

1. VolvoL60F

VolvoL60F Senior Member
    from Maine

2. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

Nice videos, the one of the Deere Loader and Bobcat are buddies of mine from the Paving company that's parent company is CLC

3. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

looks good!

4. VolvoL60F

VolvoL60F Senior Member
    from Maine

Yeah CLC, the Target, Best Buy biddeford lot right?

5. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

Yup exactly they do the Auburn one and one in NH as well.

6. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

nice vid, good operator

7. VolvoL60F

VolvoL60F Senior Member
    from Maine

How big is this company? Last year when I went to the Biddeford lot at least half the machines there were rentals from Hertz Equipment Rentals.

8. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

I would say they are the biggest landscape maintenance and install company in southern maine if not all of maine, but you don't really need large wheel loaders in landscaping so they rent for the winter. I think they own one loader and a couple of bobcats between the landscape and paving company.

9. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Am I missing something? That guy just drove back and forth doing nothing for most of the vid. Looked like nothing but wasting diesel fuel and rubber to me.:confused:

Last edited: Jan 24, 2011
  10. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

he's on a sidewalk and pushing it to the other side of the curb in the road so a loader can come grab it.

11. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

Nice video!

12. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

I didn't want to say anything, but now that you did.........................:rolleyes:

I think he was trying to melt the snow with the tracks..............................

13. snocrete

snocrete Banned

he hehe he

14. bacwudzme

bacwudzme Senior Member

Nice job!
    do you do the sidewalk around the whole mall? or do you just the Maine mall rd side?

15. VolvoL60F

VolvoL60F Senior Member
    from Maine

Oh I thought they were just a small landscaping company. I would imagine it costs alot to rent the machines, half the time the loaders are just sitting there.

16. VolvoL60F

VolvoL60F Senior Member
    from Maine

I don't work for them but they do two lots across this town, one being the Mall, and the other a smaller Mall Plaza. This company is an excavating company as well.

17. bacwudzme

bacwudzme Senior Member

I know what Grondin does I have friends who are OO that sub there trucks I have tuna fished out on the Kettle and Tanners ledge on a boat beside Bob Grondin I know that they service the mall parking lot during winter. So you dont work for Grondins?

18. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

Sweet machine! Would only be better with wings!

19. VolvoL60F

VolvoL60F Senior Member
    from Maine

Lol no I don't.

20. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Soo, what have you done for the past hour? Well lets see, I drove back and forth on the side walk and let snow spill over every pass i made.Thumbs Up Then i finally decided to go straight on and push it onto the road for the loaders to pick up. Of course I had to go forward then reverse about 20 times to get R done!

:laughing:......jeez really!!