1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

grizzy 450/550...kodiak450/400.. better quad

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by nautica0626, Jan 1, 2012.

1. nautica0626

nautica0626 Member

Been shooping and looking around.. ran into alot of grizz 450 550 and kodiak450 and 400.. looking to do snow removal with the in northeast.. mostly south jersey.. we get ranges of snow.. but I do know for amount we get and work I do mostly commerical sidewalks and some small parking lots I know that grizz 660 and 700 would just be to much an plow si...ze I use is 48 to 50 inch for jobs..so those are too small for bigger grizz.. just want some input from anyone who can shed light on which is a better wuad for work im doing power wise parts wise.. money wise... so any will help and if u know anyone who has one or is selling one or got videos..thanks for help...

2. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

Go with a Grizzly 450. It will fit on the walks and have enough power to move the snow.

3. nautica0626

nautica0626 Member

Is there real difference between the grizz 450 and kodiak 450? Besides price

4. livergsp

livergsp Junior Member

5. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

i had two brothers that got yammis one a grizz and the other a bigbear, the big bear won everytime, gearing is what i figured it out to be, they were both stock and new and it surprised me

6. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

Gearing shouldn't be a issue. I use low gear whenever I plow. The clutch engages almost immediately so I'm not loading the clutch when in high gear. Plus it's easier to go from forward to back.