1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

grinding ford

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by chris stroth, Sep 22, 2006.

1. chris stroth

chris stroth Junior Member
    from nc

90 Big Bronco new wheel and axle bearings some new u joints all new rear brake assys Front brakes are ok/ in 2 wheel iam getting a grinding when on the gas/ quiet when coasting. any thoughts?
  2. chris stroth

from nc

well i am not getting any feedback . here is more history. 302 w/ manual shift trans. shafts and axles don't seem to have any play. anybody know anything about f150 / bronco drivetrain? grinding noises
  3. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Changed the oil in the tranny / rear end lately?
    I would check both and change if you don't know when it was done last.
    I found the vent cap was missing from my rear ends vent line and found the rear pumpkin had water in it when I drained it and refilled.It could be a bearing in the tranny.
    It's so hard to tell with out listening to it and riding in the vehicle.
    My brother had a 5 spd that made a grinding noise like that and it was a synchronizer assembly in 2nd gear that just made it hard to shift in to 2nd above 25mph.
    He drove it for 50k miles like that.
    How many miles is on it?
  4. chris stroth

from nc

Thanks rig1

I changed the rear end fluid not to long ago when i did new axle bearings and seals.

Im gonna check my vent right now.
    The trans fluid is not too old.
    I,m aware of synchros scatching in to gear. Usually starts in second then 3rd is next