1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

grille swap

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Detroitdan, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

can I put a 94-98 style grille on my 93 Suburban? I hate the flat, old look of the 93, would like to update it. Can't tell if it's a direct swap by looking at it, it seems like it should be. But the corner lights migh be a little different. If anyone knows for certain please let me know.

2. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD Senior Member

you might be able to find out by going to lmctruck.com and seeing how they list the grills or maybe even contacting them and asking them

3. KSikkema

KSikkema Senior Member

the grill will bolt right in. the headlights will fit in the holes no problem ( even back to 88 with the two side by side on each side; the new grills have the step in them for that!). the only problem you will run into is the turn signal/park lights won't sit in perfectly. they will bolt in but not sit perfect. the side marker lights should be the same. i can't exactly remember on those.

4. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

I've been looking at my 97 and 93 side by side without yet removing either. I don't see where the bumper filler panel is different, which is one thing I'd heard. The two orange side marker/reflector and turn signal are very different, but I thought the headlight parking light assembly would fit through.
    So is it something I can trim to make the park lights fit? What I'm going to do (if I do this) is swap my busted up so-so looking 97 grille on the 93, then put the new grille on my 97. So I don't mind doing a little cut-to-fit on the old 97 grille if I have to.

I just hate the look of the 93 grille. Makes the truck look so old.

5. ogdenflooring

ogdenflooring Member

KSikkema is exactly right:salute:

6. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

7. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

The filler panel is different, the lower part of the grills mount differently, and the signals work just fine if you take the plastic inserts and put them in backwards.......easier to show than explain. Easy to do, but won't be factory a like fit. You'll have to zip tie the bottom or something. Markers are different too.

I've done this on at least 6 trucks.