1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

grille strobes

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by JTS Landscaping & Lawn Service, Mar 7, 2006.

1. i have a gmc 2500 and wont to put strobes behind the grille and wondering if anyone has done this and were i would attach them at. also if anyone has pics of it.

2. crazymike

crazymike Senior Member
    from Toronto

friend has them in his wrecker.

Not sure how much use they in a plow truck as they will reflect off the blade and generally not be seen except by head on. Which isn't a big concern for me atleast.

The only place I would like more lighting is LEDs on my plow markers (cheater sticks). Oncoming traffic has no idea how wide your blade is, even with reflective tape.
  3. ive seen some little round strobes that would fit on the markers. i would be using them all year round during the summer i usually have to sit on the side of busy roads alot for mowing.
  4. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I had LEDs on my Bronco II's plow markers and amber marker type lights on the top corners. It's easy to do, some radio parts places have extra bright LED's,you put the right resister on the (I think negative lead) you can light them on any voltage. I used an old coiled power cord from a beacon light and a two lead quick connect that the radio shop sold. I used small heat shrink tubing to protect the power leads(with a fuse) then large over the whole assembly,I just taped them in place on the guides. It looked really cool and the LED's are really tuff to kill.
  5. firelwn82

firelwn82 PlowSite.com Addict

Ive got them in my grill of a 97' 250 I'll try and get some pics later today, there red but youll get the concept. Some Leds in kits come with brackets or you just go to your Hardware and get some sticks of flat stock alumminum and make your own. I myself just glued them to the grill itself. If a grill is cheap enough it may be an option, but I'm keeping the truck long term so not a concern.
  6. firelwn82

firelwn82 PlowSite.com Addict

you can go to www.lshlights.com or galls.com or strobesnmore.com maney options hole new world of lighting. Also if anyone can find lights cheaper than here I would like to here from you.....