1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Grille Light Installation

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by ramair2k, Nov 14, 2014.

1. ramair2k

ramair2k Senior Member

Hey guys, looking to see if anyone can show me their grille light setup. Thinking of putting two strobesnmore E4s in the grille of my 2013 Silverado 1500. Trying to see if the bracket these lights come with will work. Also, if I want to wire these to a switch, do I simply butt splice both red, then one single red to switch? butt splice all black to ground? then run one red wire from battery to switch for source power? Also butt splice the sync wires once I get the pattern I want. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Citytow

Citytow Senior Member
    from phila

3. dodgegmc1213

dodgegmc1213 PlowSite.com Addict

the e4s are great lights and are very bright..i got 4 of them 2 in the grille and 2 on the flatbed..black wire goes to a ground, red goes to the switch, connect the yellow together for the sync, blue is the patterns, then all you need to do is run another wire from the battery or something off the ignition to the switch your gonna use. I didn't use the brackets for the grille, I used some thin plates in the back of the grille and used longer small bolts with nuts.
    heres the pic of the 2 grille e4s. a video of them working and a video of them all working. not the greatest videos.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSDUrPzWqxU
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGsy72u1qd4&feature=youtu.be

attachment5JOEN0A9.jpg

4. dodgegmc1213

5. dodgegmc1213

6. Citytow

Citytow Senior Member
    from phila

cheaper on ebay than strobesnmore

7. dodgegmc1213

oh my fault didn't realize strobes n more had them

8. Citytow

Citytow Senior Member
    from phila

hows your hemi handle plowing ? strong huh

9. dodgegmc1213

Its great I love it

10. Citytow

Citytow Senior Member
    from phila

a bud of mine has , i think the first year out 04. garage kept with 4k miles on it . same tires and brakes

11. dodgegmc1213

Doesnt drive it much huh. I would love a new cummins for a daily driver and have this for work, I keep telling myself..some day I will

12. Citytow

Citytow Senior Member
    from phila

yeah mix n match , a cummins with an allison

13. dodgegmc1213

My uncle always wanted that combo in a ford truck...he always had his fords, last was a 2011 6.7 finally gave up on it do to problems and traded it for a 2013 hemi, he loves it so far, plowed 2 or 3 seasons with it with a 8.2 Fisher xtreme v and no problems

14. Dash Flash

Dash Flash Member
    from Arizona

If you want some REALLY blinding-bright grille lights, czech out the new Grille Blaster™ light heads by Dash Flash®.

Generation 3 LEDs are 1-watt. The Grille Blaster™ light heads use 3-WATT LEDs! This means that they are almost 3 times brighter than Generation 3.....and most grille lights being sold are actually .5-watt generation 2 (even when represented as Generation 3).

The Grille Blasters™ are rated IP67 for dustproof and waterproof.

And here's the clincher: the price is LESS than most dealers' Gen. 3 grille lights!

You can see them here: http://www.dash-flash.com/Grille Blaster.html

Last edited: Nov 26, 2014