1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Grille guard for conventional plow...PN?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by vi009dz, Mar 27, 2008.

1. vi009dz

vi009dz Member

I remember seeing somewhere, that fisher sold a grille guard / push bar for the old conventional style plow (not MM1, MM2, etc., the old speedcast is what I have), but after searching for an hour here, I can't seem to find any info.

I remember when I saw it mentioned, that there was a link to an eBay auction. It bolts right to the top of the push plates, and has a couple bars that run horizontally.

Does anybody have a fisher part number for this guard? Are they still made? Anyone have one kicking around? Thanks.

-adam

2. Bibbo

Bibbo Senior Member

its the fisher protube...

3. vi009dz

vi009dz Member

no.....this was completely different than the protube. It looked exactly like this, but it bolted straigh to the fisher push plates. It wasn't a chinsy "looks nice" item like the protube.

[​IMG]

4. Bibbo

Bibbo Senior Member

ohhh.... that looks nice,lemmi kno when you find out the name. thats a real push bar/grill guard lol

5. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Back in the mid 90's when I had the conventional Fishers, I had one custom made for about $150. Granted, that was 15 years ago, but it wasn't too hard apparently.

brushguard.JPG

6. crossboneracing

crossboneracing Senior Member

Was called a fisher plow mate. They are no longer made. A few were on ebay a while back. I had one on my 90 Jimmy, they weigh about 75lbs and are super strong. Look around on craigslist you might find one

7. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

My cousin has one in great shape sitting around.....how much is it worth to you?

8. vi009dz

vi009dz Member

I'd give $100 for a real decent one if somehow your cousin could meet me on I89 to help split the trip.

9. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

I'll check with him, he's up in NH often at the inlaws.

10. vi009dz

vi009dz Member

As am I....inlaws in Tilton, NH.

11. kattoom125

kattoom125 Member

i have a brand new one sitting in a shelf at the shop

12. tim096

tim096 Senior Member
    from wny

Im intrested in buying one. What do you want for it? Would you be willing to ship to buffalo ny ?

13. vi009dz

vi009dz Member

14. Dionysus

Dionysus Junior Member

You are talking about the Fisher Plowmate, part numbers:8111 and 8112
    No longer made.

15. Vermontster

Vermontster Member

That's a great idea. Some guys put a piece of oak on top of the push frame.